By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Titanfall still surprisingly active.

Tagged games:

10k players on the x1 version... hmm. I may have to sacrifice food, and my mortgage to pay the 5 bucks for this game. Sweet deal I think.

Around the Network

There is a lot of competition for your online gaming time. The big fish will devour the little fish. With all of the Call of Duty games (I used to find a good game of COD 2 a couple of years ago) all of the Halo games, Battlefield, MMOs, racers, etc-- I think Titanfall is doing okay. Didn't set the world on fire but then, neither did the Xbox One.

To be honest with the amount of MP only games that come out each year, it;s next to impossible to not get caught up in more than 1-2, I see them as mini vacations than anything else. I'll play some TF for a few days then hop over to TF2, hop onto Planetside 2 and then back to TF followed by Left 4 Dead 2 and finally contagion. That's only a few shooters I play though, there's a few more I haven't listed that I;d play but haven't played in some time.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

To be honest with the amount of MP only games that come out each year, it;s next to impossible to not get caught up in more than 1-2, I see them as mini vacations than anything else. I'll play some TF for a few days then hop over to TF2, hop onto Planetside 2 and then back to TF followed by Left 4 Dead 2 and finally contagion. That's only a few shooters I play though, there's a few more I haven't listed that I;d play but haven't played in some time.

What anime is that in your sig? Just curious.

Aeolus451 said:
Chazore said:

What anime is that in your sig? Just curious.

Anime style show called Wakfu from French studio/game devlopers Ankama Games.

So far there's 2 seasons, 3 OVA's, 2 special short movies and I think two proper movies on the way along with a mini series Called DOFUS which is set a long time before Wakfu and both have their own respective games (one different Wakfu game being on the 360 arcade store).

Episodes that can be found, used to be on a site but got handed over to a new owner over on Tumblr http://brotherhoodoftofu.tumblr.com/ , the page has almost the same exact layout as the former website itself.

http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Wakfu-OVA

I don't know if you can buy the OVA's yet but I do know they successfully kickstarted the first two seasons to be dubbed and released on DVD/BR.

Also the Wakfu game trailer features the same animation style.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Sales aren't equal to active population.

Games have sold better and fail to maintain a population like Titanfall on the 360.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/69599193

Again a 4-5 year old game as of a year ago has 8k people online at times...

So? Gears of War 3 is another popular online game. BF4 on 360 has similar population numbers, a 2 year old game.

Gears of War: Judgement sold at par with Titanfall on 360, has been free via GwG, but I just checked the population and it was around 200.

BF4 on the X1 has sold less units than Titanfall on X1. Yet BF4's population is a lot higher. So again... sales aren't equal to population.

BF4 on 360 probably lost a decent chunk of people to upgrading to X1. They had a 10$ upgrade deal for those that bought an X1. I will check soon to see if you're correct but i have my doubts. 

Judgement is the worst in the series. So doesnt suprise me low player numbers.

I understand Titanfall is a new IP but its a shooter that sold well it should be compared to other shooters that sold well. If the counts are compareable to older titles then obviously the game is dying off. 

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

JamaicameCRAZY said:
Mr Puggsly said:

So? Gears of War 3 is another popular online game. BF4 on 360 has similar population numbers, a 2 year old game.

Gears of War: Judgement sold at par with Titanfall on 360, has been free via GwG, but I just checked the population and it was around 200.

BF4 on the X1 has sold less units than Titanfall on X1. Yet BF4's population is a lot higher. So again... sales aren't equal to population.

BF4 on 360 probably lost a decent chunk of people to upgrading to X1. They had a 10$ upgrade deal for those that bought an X1. I will check soon to see if you're correct but i have my doubts. 

Judgement is the worst in the series. So doesnt suprise me low player numbers.

I understand Titanfall is a new IP but its a shooter that sold well it should be compared to other shooters that sold well. If the counts are compareable to older titles then obviously the game is dying off. 

You can see BF4 numbers at bf4stats.com. The X1 version does have a bigger population but not as significantly as you'd think. Also, some migrated over to BF:Hardline. Not many people play BF:Hardline on 360.

Judgetment was certainly disappointing. Much like Titanfall, they should make the DLC of that game free. The campaign was a lot of fun though, I will revisit that down the road.

The thing is not all shooters that sell well have a active online community. I'm showing Titanfall is doing okay even when compared to some more popular IPs. But something like CoD though trounces all.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

You can see BF4 numbers at bf4stats.com. The X1 version does have a bigger population but not as significantly as you'd think. Also, some migrated over to BF:Hardline. Not many people play BF:Hardline on 360.

Judgetment was certainly disappointing. Much like Titanfall, they should make the DLC of that game free. The campaign was a lot of fun though, I will revisit that down the road.

The thing is not all shooters that sell well have a active online community. I'm showing Titanfall is doing okay even when compared to some more popular IPs. But something like CoD though trounces all.

Its doing alright. There is still those playing it and not dead by any stretch of the imagination. But its not out performing any of the shooters out there. 

(bf4stats wasnt working last night) Bf4 360 9.1k, ps3 21k, pc 32k, x1 17.1k, ps4 35k. So 360 has nearly 3x the players of titanfall and is older, x1 has nearly 2x the players. 

Bf3 has 2.3k on 360, 10.1k on pc. And is obviously older. 

If i could see counts on any of the upper shooters out there im am sure there would be more examples.  Not that its a terrible thing it is a new ip and is a little bit aged. However to say its on equal footing as the other shooters is false. If a game has enough content, is balanced, and has a decent community behind it people with play it forever. 

Coffee is for closers!

Tachikoma said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I don't recall that game showing population.

But hey, its a BF game so I wouldn't be surprised if its still active.

It's the best battlefield, too, imo.
The simplicity and lack of progression system makes it a game of skill and skill alone.

I really, REALLY, hope they do a hd remaster for it for xbox one / ps4.

bf3 was my fav. Didnt play the older titles but played competitively on ps3 and dabbled on pc. Was an amazing time.

Coffee is for closers!