By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Titanfall still surprisingly active.

Tagged games:

JamaicameCRAZY said:
Snoopy said:

PS3 (90 million install base), 360 (90 million install base) and PC (a lot lol)  install base vs xbox one install base (17 - 18 million). Geez, I wonder why this could be.

Over 4 years old... How many games have released since then? Dice is about to release their second game since bf3. Bf3 also was not a mass appeal game, it had several things that didnt make it casual friendly. I dont really care about install bases when we are comparing it to something that had released not even 2 years ago, had boatloads of hype, and is multi only...

So what? Titan Fall numbers is still growing over time and will get more popular (especially because of EA access). And BF3 was hugely advertise and was known as the "COD killer". And of course you don't care about install base because you know it defeats your arguement. Titan Fall was originally release when the xbox one only had 5 to 6 million sales. Yet it is still popular for almost 2 years. Outside of BF, Halo and COD, what console fps has titan fall popularity? 

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:

Over 4 years old... How many games have released since then? Dice is about to release their second game since bf3. Bf3 also was not a mass appeal game, it had several things that didnt make it casual friendly. I dont really care about install bases when we are comparing it to something that had released not even 2 years ago, had boatloads of hype, and is multi only...

So what? Titan Fall numbers is still growing over time and will get more popular (especially because of EA access). And BF3 was hugely advertise and was known as the "COD killer". And of course you don't care about install base because you know it defeats your arguement. Titan Fall was originally release when the xbox one only had 5 to 6 million sales. Yet it is still popular for almost 2 years. Outside of BF, Halo and COD, what console fps has titan fall popularity? 

Bf3 sold 17 million across 3 platforms and again is 4 years old. Titanfall had what 10 million unique users? And it has half the users later in the night on halloween. I dont care about Titanfall, its sales, its quality, or its install bases. The op put its user counts and i am purely giving a comparison where no matter what you say Titanfall has the advantage. Everyday bf3 loses more and more people it doesnt have the benefit of price drops or deals because its done what its going to do. Titanfall is still somewhat relevant today and still is going through price reductions to gain users. Titanfall also has a sequel coming bf3s has already came and is dying off too.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

JamaicameCRAZY said:
Snoopy said:

Bf3 sold 17 million across 3 platforms and again is 4 years old. Titanfall had what 10 million unique users? And it has half the users later in the night on halloween. I dont care about Titanfall, its sales, its quality, or its install bases. The op put its user counts and i am purely giving a comparison where no matter what you say Titanfall has the advantage. Everyday bf3 loses more and more people it doesnt have the benefit of price drops or deals because its done what its going to do. Titanfall is still somewhat relevant today and still is going through price reductions to gain users. Titanfall also has a sequel coming bf3s has already came and is dying off too.

A new sequal doesn't always mean everything Counter Strike is a perfect example of this. The fact is Titan Fall is even in the same sentence with BF one of the most popular games to date speaks volumes.  Titan Fall proved to be a worthy game. In fact, I won't be suprise if Microsoft buys Respawn Entertainment in the future. This game is a multi million seller (5-7 million).

Faust said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The game is only $5 right and more active than I anticipated. I get the impression people feel Titanfall just came and went.

On 360 servers, 3500+. On Xbox One, 10K.

So there ya go, Titanfall still a thing people do.

that's pretty low if you ask me =s

COD Ghosts is usually between 1.2K and 4k... and it's only 4 months older. Those are pretty good numbers imo.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
lol at those numbers, now 10 k is good ? To the game people in this forum called the GOTG ?

Totally agree. 10,000 on Xbox 1 is not good considering the game was hyped to the high heavens, strongly promoted, got good scores and is selling for $5 in the US and Australia....

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Zkuq said:
A game that's only 1.5 years old ought to be active. That said, these days games get 'old' really fast...

The game is nearing two years old. Thats am eternity in the life of an online shooter.

Anyway, TF is always active on consoles and always has been. The only pople who argue otherwise either dont play the game or want it to fail.

The game was a great success for EA. They have multiple games in the Titanfall universe in the works right now.

*Looks at Counter Strike, Black Ops 2, Team Fortress 2.... Yeh 1 year and 8 months is an eternity....*

Battlefield 1943 on 360/ps3 is still super active and it's what, close to 7 years old now?

AlfredoTurkey said:
Faust said:

that's pretty low if you ask me =s

COD Ghosts is usually between 1.2K and 4k... and it's only 4 months older. Those are pretty good numbers imo.

Its very respectable, but that's also numbers on a platform with few options in that genre.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Tachikoma said:
Battlefield 1943 on 360/ps3 is still super active and it's what, close to 7 years old now?

I don't recall that game showing population.

But hey, its a BF game so I wouldn't be surprised if its still active.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

I don't recall that game showing population.

But hey, its a BF game so I wouldn't be surprised if its still active.

It's the best battlefield, too, imo.
The simplicity and lack of progression system makes it a game of skill and skill alone.

I really, REALLY, hope they do a hd remaster for it for xbox one / ps4.