By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Titanfall still surprisingly active.

Tagged games:

Chazore said:
HollyGamer said:

I'm talking about PS4 only players or those who transitioned to PS4 that don't play on PC, those who played PS2 on PC are very unlikely to play it on PS4. Titanfall is a new IP so the casual type of players don't know much about devs and the like, I highly doubt every PS4 user is in the same loop as you and I.Int he end though if it;s neglected it means it;s neglected and that's not something that should really be overlooked, Xbox isn't getting PS2 but PS4 and PC do, PC is still actively playing a lot of PS2 which was why I focused on PS4 seemingly neglecting it despite it being free while with Destiny you are basically paying for online and the game is treated as an MMO with all it's expenses.

Well is not about knowing the deveoper or not, but the quality of the games it self is different, obviously i am not interested with PS2 (yuck ) really when Titanfall shows the trailer for the first time on E3, i was amaze. And also PS2 is not coming to Xbox one maybe SOE was part of SONY before and considered first party studio. But PS2 might come to Xbox one in near future.

Well to be honest neither of those systems have had a nice wealth of good RPG's

But PS platform always sell god amount of rpg even if its a title like Disgare or NIS product, that's the point here

or different games that went exclusive to PS4 and then of course general treatment to ports in general, I mean ME3 was a really late and not stellar port for the Wii U,

latter port or not it doesnt have anything to do on how well PS platform perform on software sales.

dunno why anyone should be forced to reward bad work, I can imagine the exact sdame for PS fans whenever they get their hands on a bad port or lack of treatment.

Lol, Assassin Creed Unity is playing worse on PS4 compare to Xbox one, but the software sales is slightly better on PS4

Also as well PC has it's own variety as well if we want to go with who has what.

Why we talking about PC when most of their games are pirated and the sales it self  hard to count. and also it is not directly competing with console, when some games comes to console, PC never been left alone (Titanfall , Street Fighter V, etc) maybe FF 7 remake as well (but maybe need to wait for 5-6 years  like every other FF games that coming to PC)

Never said evs would abadon it, I dunno why that's even a thing within this topic.

It's obviously  you the one who replied me, Chazore (4 hours ago)  "It's too bad there are games that are PS3/PS4 only."

Around the Network

But PS platform always sell god amount of rpg even if its a title like Disgare or NIS product, that's the point here

The point is the other two plats didn't have a wealth like PS did so we'll never know how well they could have done if they had the same number or quality, that's the poitn I was trying to make earlier.

latter port or not it doesnt have anything to do on how well PS platform perform on software sales.

I'm talking about the other two systems and then of course bad ports for PS4 in general.

Lol, Assassin Creed Unity is playing worse on PS4 compare to Xbox one, but the software sales is slightly better on PS4

Not really something to celebrate over tbh.

Why we talking about PC when most of their games are pirated and the sales it self  hard to count. and also it is not directly competing with console, when some games comes to console, PC never been left alone (Titanfall , Street Fighter V, etc) maybe FF 7 remake as well (but maybe need to wait for 5-6 years  like every other FF games that coming to PC)

Most games aren't pirated though....

Sales are hard to count because they don't work like they do for consoles, just means you have to work harder and sometimes some just don't like giving out such data either. I see plenty of PC vs console threads and talk for years, pretty sure enough like to think they compete with one another and then of course the list wars and all that jazz. Also keeps getting swapped back and forth, one moment they aren't competing and then suddenly they are.

Also doubt they will have to wait 5-7 years for a remake of 7.....

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Mr Puggsly said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The game is only $5 right and more active than I anticipated. I get the impression people feel Titanfall just came and went.

On 360 servers, 3500+. On Xbox One, 10K.

So there ya go, Titanfall still a thing people do.

Not that great. Bf3 a game that released over 4 years ago currently has 5k on ps3, 3.5k on pc, and 2.5k on 360. This is on halloween at 11 pm. If it was earlier would probably be more.

And again, a Battlefield comparison.

The numbers BF, CoD and even Halo pull in are an anomoly. Titanfall is as well to a lesser extent.

Its a 10 million unique player game its not a niche game (spec ops the line, ghost sniper, homefront) thus it should be compared with games that have compareable sales.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

JLC215 said:
Isn't all the dlc now free too

Yeah, but that's going to become more common practice. Selling map packs is a hassle for players because its splits the audience and isn't used by a vast majority. I bought DLC when it was on sale and after a while there simply wasn't enough people using them to get a full game going. The DLC maps are actually really good but weren't being used, making them free was the right move and they rolled into standard playlists.

DLC maps are free in Killzone: SF. Even Halo 5 isn't selling maps, instead opting for microtransactions.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Chazore said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Not really, this is current status. 

My status last night gave me 957  so it's actually that bit higher than last night.

Game still isn't dead on PC and like I said I can find a match at any time I want, once it gets to a point where it takes me 20 mins to an hour or more then it's basically dead.

This, 992 players is enough people to get about 100 games going at once.

If you go into a server and see virtually or literally nobody there, that's dead.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

It's coming close to 6am here (Monday). I'm going to play for around an hour and give the number of players before I join any sort of match and after the hour is up I'll show the total number then.

Also I'll take note of how full the teams are on both sides to show I can get a good game going when I look for one.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JamaicameCRAZY said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The numbers BF, CoD and even Halo pull in are an anomoly. Titanfall is as well to a lesser extent.

Its a 10 million unique player game its not a niche game (spec ops the line, ghost sniper, homefront) thus it should be compared with games that have compareable sales.

Sales aren't equal to active population.

Games have sold better and fail to maintain a population like Titanfall on the 360.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Games have sold better and fail to maintain a population like Titanfall on the 360.

Wouldnt that say alot about the game?

And games have sold the same-ish and have maintained alot better than titanfall... Basicly you have shoehorned the entire arguement to titanfall cant be compare to any remotely well selling fps. Then you make random unsubsanciated statements like other games have sold more and dont have as many people online as titanfall (which has unspantacular numbers).

I understand you want to show titanfall in a positive light but this whole thing comes off very ryse/the order defense threads.

Coffee is for closers!

Mr Puggsly said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:
Mr Puggsly said:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/69599193

Again a 4-5 year old game as of a year ago has 8k people online at times...

Coffee is for closers!

JamaicameCRAZY said:
Mr Puggsly said:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/69599193

Again a 4-5 year old game as of a year ago has 8k people online at times...

So? Gears of War 3 is another popular online game. BF4 on 360 has similar population numbers, a 2 year old game.

Gears of War: Judgement sold at par with Titanfall on 360, has been free via GwG, but I just checked the population and it was around 200.

BF4 on the X1 has sold less units than Titanfall on X1. Yet BF4's population is a lot higher. So again... sales aren't equal to population.

Recently Completed