By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Titanfall still surprisingly active.

Tagged games:

Mr Puggsly said:
Chazore said:
After quickly booting up the PC versions I can say that there are currently 957 online.

Yeah, not great numbers but more than enough to get full games going.

Can't help but wonder if people avoid it on PC simply because of Origin.

I would say some do, that and charging full price for an MP always online game, the saeson pass also splintered some people for most of the time and only after a year did they decide to give out the DLC for nothing. Most other PC online MP games tend to avoid fracturing their userbase, I'd hope Respawn learn from this for the sequel.

I myself don't really avoid Origin but I don't really feel like paying full price for MP only titles, especially new ones. I will however avoid Uplay like the plague as it's far worse than Origin, Ubisoft even tried to reband it recently to the "Ubisoft Club", it hasn't really changed all that much and since Ubisoft sell their games on Steam that actually require you to use their own client as well means I just won't buy their games, at least with EA I know they are just on Origin and Origin works well for me and has great customer service. Steam will remain my #1 client to use though based on the amount of games I grab from there, sales, userbase, communtiies and mods and the ability to get creative with my profile page.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Faust said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Compared to CoD or Battlefield, it certainly is.

But you can find success wihtout being as popular as those games. I think Splatoon is also an example of that.

I haven't booted 360 Halo games in a while, but last I saw they are all doing about 5 - 6K.

never mentioned cod or bf....

For a 2014 game that sold like 5m copies, is being given away for free everywhere, and is multiplayer only (basically) its a pretty low number. SO yeah, the game just came and went and i didnt know bout it until you came up with this thread (seriously) xD

Has it been free everywhere? I missed that. Cheap, yes. Free, no.

Again, compared to CoD or BF is small. Yet most games struggle to achieve these numbers. Selling a ton of units doesn't mean its going to maintain a massive population. A lot of games have almost no audience after this long, even if they sold millions.

Also, people with anime avatars aren't expected to know about Titanfall. Different audience.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
lol at those numbers, now 10 k is good ? To the game people in this forum called the GOTG ?

You took that serious?

I'm telling you, a lot of games not called BF and CoD struggle to achieve 10K. It actually very respectable if you knew that was the case.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Faust said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Compared to CoD or Battlefield, it certainly is.

But you can find success wihtout being as popular as those games. I think Splatoon is also an example of that.

I haven't booted 360 Halo games in a while, but last I saw they are all doing about 5 - 6K.

never mentioned cod or bf....

For a 2014 game that sold like 5m copies, is being given away for free everywhere, and is multiplayer only (basically) its a pretty low number. SO yeah, the game just came and went and i didnt know bout it until you came up with this thread (seriously) xD

Again, compared to CoD or BF is small. Yet most games struggle to achieve these numbers. Selling a ton of units doesn't mean its going to maintain a massive population. A lot of games have almost no audience after this long, even if they sold millions.

Also, people with anime avatars aren't expected to know about Titanfall. Different audience.

Wow, on the defense much? If Im not mistaken, even Killzone Mercenaries did those numbers at one point, so yeah, its pretty damn low. I was playing Serious Sam 2, 3 years after release with 4000 people at once. No matter how you put it, Titanfall shot waaay below expectations.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Angelv577 said:
episteme said:

Last time I played it on PC it was around 1500.

Angelv577 said:
it will be cool to know the amount of users on BO2 or ghosts on wii u.

Why is that interesting here? Anyway, ~2000 Black Ops 2 and ~500 Ghosts.

because last I heard COD wii u version had at least 3k, considering the game sold around 400k, titanfal doesnt look impressive IMO.

The thing is Titanfall players have platforms with more options.

Wii U owners aren't playing Destiny, every other CoD not BO2 and Ghosts, Halo series, BF series, Gears series, GTA series, etc.

Anyone remotley interested in a core shooter on Wii U needs CoD. On OG Wii it was CoD and... Conduit.

Recently Completed

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:

Wow, on the defense much? If Im not mistaken, even Killzone Mercenaries did those numbers at one point, so yeah, its pretty damn low. I was playing Serious Sam 2, 3 years after release with 4000 people at once. No matter how you put it, Titanfall shot waaay below expectations.

Not really, he has part of a point. The vast majority of my friends irl and net based who all sport anime avatars oftenly play far more Japanese and anime styled games than Western and shooters.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

hunter_alien said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Yeah, very defensive. It would seem that way if you have thin skin and I get the impression he isn't into a game like Titanfall.

Killzone Mercenaries... another game on a platform with little options. How was the population of that after a year and 8 months? Probably dead, because its Killzone.

Is Titanfall below expectations or were expectations unrealistic?

Recently Completed

Chazore said:
hunter_alien said:

Not really, he has part of a point. The vast majority of my friends irl and net based who all sport anime avatars oftenly play far more Japanese and anime styled games than Western and shooters.

LOL, he changed his avatar to Rambo. Maybe I'm amused by that because I fucking love Rambo movies.

But yeah, you understand what I was getting at.

Recently Completed

Not bad. Titanfall is actually the game that changed shooters this gen with its mechanics and gameplay. Game deserves more praise than it gets.

Mr Puggsly said:

1.-Has it been free everywhere? I missed that. Cheap, yes. Free, no.

2.-Again, compared to CoD or BF is small.

3.-Yet most games struggle to achieve these numbers.

4.-Selling a ton of units doesn't mean its going to maintain a massive population. A lot of games have almost no audience after this long, even if they sold millions.

5.-Also, people with anime avatars aren't expected to know about Titanfall. Different audience.

1.-bundled as hell with xone, given awayr for free on origins too. Also isn't cheap right now. ITs dirty cheap

2.-Again, never mentioned cod of bf 

3.-yeah, a lot of games fail to achieve success i know that but, whats the point?

4.-Agreed, but you are claiming that the game its surprisingly active, so its kinda contradictory with your original statement, if anything it makes me wonder what were your expectations for this game's population.

5.-how do you like my new avatar bro?