By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Rebranding!?

Yeah I think it's well overdue for both the Wii and DS brands to be retired. It's time for something new.

Around the Network

I can't wait to see what other changes Nintendo will be implementing in the future. Also:

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Guys, it just means the NX isn't coming out till 2017.
Right?

Roronaa_chan said:
Guys, it just means the NX isn't coming out till 2017.
Right?

;)

Nuvendil said:
Superquagsire said:
This is just speculation but could this have been Tatsumi Kimishima's first action as Nintendo's new president? It makes sense if this was a thing that was on the back burner for a while and was just never implemented.

I could see that.  He clearly believes it's time to move on from the Wii brand and those things tied to it.  This could be merely an attempt to dissociate from the logos and colors and image of 2007 to 2014 Nintendo (which is tied to Wii which is a brand without much strength) and reassociate with the past that most regard as the "good years" of Nintendo.  I'm not the only child of the early nineties who will see that new signage and immediately flash back to the good old days.  And before anyone points out that Nintendo still makes good games and so on, it's about perception.  The SNES and N64 are viewed by many as the Nintendo golden age when they were more appealing to gamers while the Wii was an era of casuals.  It's not accurate, it just is.  As such, it is wise to play to those perceptions.

Yeah I feel the same way. When I see those signs I feel the same excitement as I did when I was 7 years old looking for games during Christmas. It's nice to see Nintendo go back to its roots while staying fresh.

Around the Network

I like it.

The red and white combo is sleek and old-fashioned, which I love.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Boberkun said:
Miyamotoo said:
Boberkun said:
That Link's render is... strange. He is definitely not from SSB4, Zelda U, neither Triforce Heroes.

Mario Kart 8

Nah, they different.

Of Course they are different because one is made for picture and one is screenshot from motion, but this closest to that picture.

Darwinianevolution said:

Get ready for the Fusion system, people! We'll be in the fuure soon!

Where you get from?

Blue = Playstation
Green = Xbox
Red = Nintendo

Miyamotoo said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Get ready for the Fusion system, people! We'll be in the fuure soon!

Where you get from?

I did it. I wanted to made an Oficial Nintndo Fusion Thread, but the moderators told me that making an oficial thread about a rumour wasn't possible. So I saved all the images I made.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.