By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Rebranding!?

I think they'll rebrand with the NX. Don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Around the Network

Soooooo im guessing that the NX Game Box would be red?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

DanneSandin said:
Maybe we're all reading too much into this, but I hope not; unifying their handheld and home console business under one "Nintendo" brand would be great for them. I hope this is a show of things to come; the NX fusion, unified Club Nintendo and more!

Yep! From all of those patents as well, i think this NX Fusion rumor is getting closer. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Tamron said:
Seems to me like theyre trying to move focus away from hardware units and on to just the games themselves.
I wonder how long till they start selling voucher codes for mobile games there instead of wii/wiiu?

I'm not sure those would sell very well, but I like the idea. I think people are fine just paying directly to their phones.

Thinking of this, what do you guys think the new console color will be?
Grey white and red?

Around the Network

I would be fine with it. Red background and white do sing swan songs of the days of yore.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

I'm not really a fan of it, though. Like, I get it, but how will it work? This isn't the same as the old logo where the logo was red. The logo is white and the background is red. Will the background color change depending on the background or will it just revert to the old color scheme when not behind a red background?

But, it could be worse. I'm actually partial to the orange Nintendo Network logo. Simple, clean, and modern. Oh well.

spemanig said:
Tamron said:
Seems to me like theyre trying to move focus away from hardware units and on to just the games themselves.
I wonder how long till they start selling voucher codes for mobile games there instead of wii/wiiu?

I'm not sure those would sell very well, but I like the idea. I think people are fine just paying directly to their phones.

what they NEED to do is crossbuy with mobile/3ds.

Yeah. I think people are reading too much into it. Companies change designs all the time. It's basically to refresh interest. And not make the company feel old. Google did this recently. There really is no reason to change the Google logo. But now it feels like new. Nintendo did make Wii/U 3/DS ignore who was making it. By having all the Nintendo stuff invisible. But I guess they got bored of it. It doesn't help anymore. And who's not gonna know Nintendo from success and failure. From these past two generations.

TruckOSaurus said:
I guess it's a good move, the Nintendo brand is way more popular than Wii U or 3DS. Actually my father still refers to any game console as a "Nitendo" (yes with a missing N).

So true, when I was a kid we called GameBoy simply Nitendo.