By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Rebranding!?

So instead of red text with white background, it's now white text with red background...

nothing wrong with this, though I do wonder how they will display their logos on things with white backgrounds :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Tamron said:

what they NEED to do is crossbuy with mobile/3ds.

There won't be games to crossbuy. The 3DS is a dying platform and the NXDS will be crossbuy with the NX instead. Plus that kind of stuff becomes hairy when Nintendo owns only one of those two platforms.

I like it much better than the grey logo Nintendo went with before

If the NX is backward compatible with DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U, then it would be the smartest thing they ever done since long time.

Superquagsire said:
This is just speculation but could this have been Tatsumi Kimishima's first action as Nintendo's new president? It makes sense if this was a thing that was on the back burner for a while and was just never implemented.

It's too soon for that. This would have been cooking for a while now: these types of rebrandings generally take weeks - if not months - to get finalized and executed.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
I'm not really a fan of it, though. Like, I get it, but how will it work? This isn't the same as the old logo where the logo was red. The logo is white and the background is red. Will the background color change depending on the background or will it just revert to the old color scheme when not behind a red background?

But, it could be worse. I'm actually partial to the orange Nintendo Network logo. Simple, clean, and modern. Oh well.

Details.  Minor Details :P

But I think the larger point here is that Nintendo is going to be a more central aspect of their branding.  Like it used to be the Nintendo 64, the Nintendo Entertainment System, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, the Nintendo GameCube, and initially the Nintendo Wii (though that faded out fairly fast) ( and incidentally the handhelds have never deviated from this; the 3DS is still marketed as the "Nintendo 3DS").  The later Wii years and the Wii U have kinda tried to be their own brand.  I think now they want to go back to having the Nintendo brand as a stable foundation.  So the next thing will be the Nintendo "something".  It makes sense.  Nintendo is a highly recgonizable brand name and the red and white scheme will catch the eye (and trigger the nostalgia) more easily.  Not to mention many gamers associate the red and white scheme with the golden years of Nintendo in their eyes, the era of OoT, MM, SM64, Perfect Dark, Golden Eye, etc etc.  So it has more positive associations than the silver and white scheme. 

Looks better that's for sure

It looks cool. Really cool. I hope the boxes and general aestetics will follow suite. I like this change a lot.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

I do like the look. Change seems slightly sudden though. Probably prep for the NX naming brand, which more than likely is sequential moving forward.
I may be the odd man out on this one, but I really liked the different names Nintendo used for their consoles

Well i gotta admit, it looks better than white & gray. Much cooler!