By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Rebranding!?

Retailers Display Red and White Nintendo Logo Banners. All Nintendo products under same Nintendo banner, no separate 3DS or Wii U banners.

It looks pretty cool, logo especially.

Around the Network

Red in white? Man, dat's old school! I can dig it.

I like the change. It gives more presence to the name Nintendo, which is good.

This may be looking into it too much, but this could be a hint to them unifying their upcoming platforms as well.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Sure, why not tie your brand power not to Wii or to DS or to Game Boy, but to Nintendo itself?

They should've done this years ago, though it doesn't do favors to the Wii U.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Yep, definitely, I think in generations before Wii/3DS Nintendo logo and brand itself was much more visible, they need more focus on Nintendo itself.

Around the Network

Finally we can have charts as they should be - Sony Blue, MS Green and Nintendo Red.

Miyamotoo said:
Yep, definitely, I think in generations before Wii/3DS Nintendo logo and brand itself was much more visible, they need more focus on Nintendo itself.

I'd say it started losing visibility with the 8th gen. I think it was generally fine with the Wii/DS, but afterwards the marketing just fell apart. Unifiying everything under a simple "Nintendo" umbrella is genius. I know plenty of people that simply refer to my Wii U or 3DS as my "Nintendo." Nintendo is synonymous with gaming, so it just makes sense to capitalize on their most iconic brand.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

The exact same thing is happening at my local GameStop.
Before they used to have the 3DS/DS section on one side of the store, next to the counter, and the Wii/Wii U/Amiibo section on the opposite side.
But now they moved the 3DS/DS section over to the other one, and now they're all under the same section of the store and it's labeled "Nintendo" with Red and White.
Now the old section where the 3DS/DS stuff used to be is now filled with Disney Infinity/Skylander merchandising. (How ironic since the Amiibo section is on the other side.)
But yeah, it's a nice change of pace. And now it's starting to show the general public hints of the restructuring that's been going on within the company for months and years now. The rest of the year, and next year are going to be filled with all kinds of speculation and wondering for Nintendo.

Skullwaker said:
Miyamotoo said:

I'd say it started losing visibility with the 8th gen. I think it was generally fine with the Wii/DS, but afterwards the marketing just fell apart. Unifiying everything under a simple "Nintendo" umbrella is genius. I know plenty of people that simply refer to my Wii U or 3DS as my "Nintendo." Nintendo is synonymous with gaming, so it just makes sense to capitalize on their most iconic brand.

I think just about logo and brand itself, not whole marketing (and yes this gen marketing was very bad), before Wii/DS Nintendo logo was stronger and more visible, especially in NES, SNES and N64 era.

I think it is a precursor of nintendo's future. That is to say that NX is a home console and a handheld, sharing more -or-less the same library of games