By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Rebranding!?

PAOerfulone said:
NX is looking more and more like that "Fusion" concept that's been spreading here on this site.
Which I will say that it is the best course of action Nintendo can take.
I look over at the 3DS library, and think "Man, that library is so great! So diverse! So much quantity! So high quality! And so... not on the Wii U."
And the same thing goes for the Wii U, except for the diversity and quantity, but most definitely the quality.
NX should fix that problem.

Totally agree.

Around the Network

looks .... ok I guess.

Miyamotoo said:
Boberkun said:
That Link's render is... strange. He is definitely not from SSB4, Zelda U, neither Triforce Heroes.

Mario Kart 8

Nah, they different.

Plus, the Mario Kart 8 Link model, is just Skyward Sword but refined in HD.
Too cel-shaded.

Should have done that aeons ago. And make their consoles naming sequential

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

This is just speculation but could this have been Tatsumi Kimishima's first action as Nintendo's new president? It makes sense if this was a thing that was on the back burner for a while and was just never implemented.

Get ready for the Fusion system, people! We'll be in the fuure soon!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Superquagsire said:
This is just speculation but could this have been Tatsumi Kimishima's first action as Nintendo's new president? It makes sense if this was a thing that was on the back burner for a while and was just never implemented.

I could see that.  He clearly believes it's time to move on from the Wii brand and those things tied to it.  This could be merely an attempt to dissociate from the logos and colors and image of 2007 to 2014 Nintendo (which is tied to Wii which is a brand without much strength) and reassociate with the past that most regard as the "good years" of Nintendo.  I'm not the only child of the early nineties who will see that new signage and immediately flash back to the good old days.  And before anyone points out that Nintendo still makes good games and so on, it's about perception.  The SNES and N64 are viewed by many as the Nintendo golden age when they were more appealing to gamers while the Wii was an era of casuals.  It's not accurate, it just is.  As such, it is wise to play to those perceptions.

Seems to me like theyre trying to move focus away from hardware units and on to just the games themselves.
I wonder how long till they start selling voucher codes for mobile games there instead of wii/wiiu?

Liking what I see very much. Get away from the wii and Wii U bs and get back to what made you famous, just being Nintendo.

Personally, I think it would be cool for simplicity's sake if for the new console, they simply called it NGS or Nintendo gaming system, similar to the old nes, Nintendo entertainment system title.