By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Vs Destiny: which one is the better game?

Which one do you think is the better game?

Halo 302 59.57%

Destiny 155 30.57%

I don't like either 50 9.86%

Total:507
AEGRO said:
ethomaz said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You mean that 30% VS 60% even when the amount of MS fans in this site is minimal? Yeah, great contest.

Anyway I was talking about my opinion not about the pole, I´m right in both cases though

The Destiny's hate is this site is way over MS non-fans.

Any other site and Destiny could bet more votes.

Also, ive noticed that there is a weird "alliance" between Ms and Ninty people over here against anything Sony.

While Destiny is not exclusive to the Playstation, i think an important amount of people are voting in favor of Halo just to rust some jimmies.

Jesus Christ. Play the victim card one more time, I dare you! I double dare you! I can't even call myself a fan of any console without getting ragged on or sympathized with. Its so stupid.

Alliance against Sony? LMAO! There is no threat to our well being here ffs. Are we a buch of school Admins afraid of a poptart shaped gun or are we functioning adults who can live with ourselves when people disagree with us? 

The choice is yours!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
ethomaz said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You mean that 30% VS 60% even when the amount of MS fans in this site is minimal? Yeah, great contest.

Anyway I was talking about my opinion not about the pole, I´m right in both cases though

The Destiny's hate is this site is way over MS non-fans.

Any other site and Destiny could bet more votes.

Also, ive noticed that there is a weird "alliance" between Ms and Ninty people over here against anything Sony.

While Destiny is not exclusive to the Playstation, i think an important amount of people are voting in favor of Halo just to rust some jimmies.

Or maybe they believe Halo is the better game....not everything has to be about Sony.

Bryank75 said:
I think the sheer quantity of articles, the twitch people like Gothalion and Triplewreck etc. , the phenomenal community that help each other, build websites and apps to aid teaming up and the score of the latest content (Taken King) shows that Destiny is at the forefront of gaming at the moment.

343 have not yet shown that they can deliver a competently made game and this time it is critical. While Bungie have shown that despite problems during development, they can listen and improve what they have. It helps that mechanically Destiny is in many peoples opinions number one.

I like many others were overdosed on the Chief last generation. How many iterations can you have in such a short time!?
It is "Stay safe and get stale" or "try something new with big risk / reward". IMO.

Well 10 million in sales and great reviews of Halo 4 kind of hints that their first foray into that universe was already as successful as Bungie efforts...

People! Stop derailing the thread.

jlmurph2 said:
Bryank75 said:
I think the sheer quantity of articles, the twitch people like Gothalion and Triplewreck etc. , the phenomenal community that help each other, build websites and apps to aid teaming up and the score of the latest content (Taken King) shows that Destiny is at the forefront of gaming at the moment.

343 have not yet shown that they can deliver a competently made game and this time it is critical. While Bungie have shown that despite problems during development, they can listen and improve what they have. It helps that mechanically Destiny is in many peoples opinions number one.

I like many others were overdosed on the Chief last generation. How many iterations can you have in such a short time!?
It is "Stay safe and get stale" or "try something new with big risk / reward". IMO.

Last generation was 2 games of Chief.

I did say chief but I meant Halo in general... same universe, same gameplay etc. 

So what is that?

Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo 4, Halo: Reach, Halo Wars, Halo remaster and Spartan assault. 7 games at least.....  absurd! IMO

Around the Network
Bryank75 said:

Halo4 has a meta of 87. Competent studios are handed out their competency certificate at what score?

One thing people that are "concerned" about Halo never understand is, how vast the Halo universe is. Xbox 360 had 2 Halo games starring Master Chief, others had more than two in 4 years.

Halo 4 is criticized because it deviated from H3 gameplay formula and 343i coupled the games with the lore, unlike Bungie. I don't expect you to know that.

AEGRO said:

Yes people, stop.

Bryank75 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Last generation was 2 games of Chief.

I did say chief but I meant Halo in general... same universe, same gameplay etc. 

So what is that?

Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo 4, Halo: Reach, Halo Wars, Halo remaster and Spartan assault. 7 games at least.....  absurd! IMO

Halo3 differs gameplay wise from Reach, ODST and Halo 4. Spartan Assault is a top down twin stick shooter if you don't know. I don't expect you to know as well.

I guess to you Halo Wars is a continuity of Halo 3. Absurd...

AEGRO said:

Yes, please do stop derailing the thread AEGRO. That goes for others here as well. Keep the discussion focused on the topic at hand, not conspiracy theories about fanbase alliances, backseat moderating, and taking personal jabs at each other.

Goatseye said:
Bryank75 said:

Halo4 has a meta of 87. Competent studios are handed out their competency certificate at what score?

One thing people that are "concerned" about Halo never understand is, how vast the Halo universe is. Xbox 360 had 2 Halo games starring Master Chief, others had more than two in 4 years.

Halo 4 is criticized because it deviated from H3 gameplay formula and 343i coupled the games with the lore, unlike Bungie. I don't expect you to know that.

I stopped playing Halo after ODST...  it was a good place to let go for me. 

I don't take meta's all that seriously, especially when it comes to MS backed games. Titanfall, Evolve, Gears and several others have burned me over the years when I listened to the likes of IGN give MCC a ninety-something and then hear about all the issues for them only to say... "there is so much content it doesnt matter..." MS  and their studios always seem to get a free pass. 

On the other hand I played the beta for Destiny and loved it and still do. Driveclub was lambasted by the same critics who lauded Evolve and Titanfall yet I have loved every minute I played DC.

Watch Dogs was one of the only ones aligned with PS that came in overrated...

Anyway 7 Halo games over the 360 lifespan is crazy...