By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Vs Destiny: which one is the better game?

Which one do you think is the better game?

Halo 302 59.57%

Destiny 155 30.57%

I don't like either 50 9.86%

Total:507

I dont like either of the two but i would give it to destiny dueto the rpg elements. Bungie invented Halo, them calling copycats is like calling Fromsoftware copycats for making Dark Souls now instead Demon souls

Around the Network

I'm currently addicted to Destiny, and while TTK did fix some of the issues (for the low low price of $40!), it can still feel soulless sometimes. I haven't played a Halo in a very long time, so I'm remebering Halo 3 with nostalgia goggles on, but I LOVED H3 MP. Might give the edge to Halo.

Looking forward though, Destiny is setup for a great sequel.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

darkenergy said:

First Destiny is mostly hated is because it was an overhype game that didn't live up to expectations. There is even a meme born because it lack story when it launch: "(insert any game/demo here) has a better story than Destiny".

I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain!

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Mr Puggsly said:

Well I've been replaying the missions since the big update and its still feels much the same to me. The made some tweaks for better story telling I guess, but missions and gameplay is still tedious.

I guess I need to play TTK because that's what everybody is losing their shit over.

Yes, the gameplay is very much the same, but the story is...*gasp*...cohesive now. Honestly, it's going to be overlooked by year 1 players, because most of us have little to no desire to replay the first 3 campaigns. I know I don't. The TTK tweaks are great and make the experience so much more intuitive and rewarding, from bounty requirements and engram drops to rep gains and rewards; you are ALWAYS getting something. One stupid things that still remains, however, are stupid PvP quests that have objectives that do not align with the game type goal: people literally sabotage games to complete their quests. It's mindboggling, considering how much fun Mayhem and Zone Control are.

I miss Peter Dinklage...don't shoot!

Personally, Destiny, but to each their own.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
PotentHerbs said:
I'm surprised with the amount of support Destiny is getting. I remember the majority of people were disappointed when it launched.

Some support Destiny is getting is because its not on a single platform. I'm not saying that's all the support though.

In defense of Destiny fans, its a different style of game. The RPG mechanics can be addictive and gunplay is solid.

I would jump back in but I'm wary of the $40 price for the TTK expansion. 

First month I played Destiny was some of the dullest gameplay I've ever seen. Zero story, Grinding was repetitive and gave little return, not an MMO like it should have been. The world was so empty. Could not stand it. People telling me its only fun when you get to raids...that is how you know how lame that game was. and lol at the pvp

Puppyroach said:
DakonBlackblade said:
I dont like either but thats becuase I hate FPS games, I actualy dislike almost every game in first person. I dont think the perspective actualy works, youre always a disembodied hand in these games, theres no body, legs, nose, eye lashes etc visible.

This I kind of are with. I think every developer has failed in creating a first person perspective where it actually look like playing in first person. I wouldn't mind settings like in racing games, where I would be able to choose different perspectives, where one is something like "true first person."

I think Mirror's Edge is probably the closest to a good first-person perspective game that actually makes it feel like it's properly first person. You can actually see your hands and feet for all the free-running.

Edge choose Destiny over any Halo too.

The gunplay if the best you can find in any shooter on consoles.

Halo, there is not even a contest please...