By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Vs Destiny: which one is the better game?

Which one do you think is the better game?

Halo 302 59.57%

Destiny 155 30.57%

I don't like either 50 9.86%

Total:507
Bryank75 said:

I stopped playing Halo after ODST...  it was a good place to let go for me. 

I don't take meta's all that seriously, especially when it comes to MS backed games. Titanfall, Evolve, Gears and several others have burned me over the years when I listened to the likes of IGN give MCC a ninety-something and then hear about all the issues for them only to say... "there is so much content it doesnt matter..." MS  and their studios always seem to get a free pass. 

On the other hand I played the beta for Destiny and loved it and still do. Driveclub was lambasted by the same critics who lauded Evolve and Titanfall yet I have loved every minute I played DC.

Watch Dogs was one of the only ones aligned with PS that came in overrated...

Anyway 7 Halo games over the 360 lifespan is crazy...

Let's keep it on topic now. And thanks for your OPINION.

Around the Network
Bryank75 said:
Goatseye said:
Bryank75 said:
I think the sheer quantity of articles, the twitch people like Gothalion and Triplewreck etc. , the phenomenal community that help each other, build websites and apps to aid teaming up and the score of the latest content (Taken King) shows that Destiny is at the forefront of gaming at the moment.

343 have not yet shown that they can deliver a competently made game and this time it is critical. While Bungie have shown that despite problems during development, they can listen and improve what they have. It helps that mechanically Destiny is in many peoples opinions number one.

I like many others were overdosed on the Chief last generation. How many iterations can you have in such a short time!?
It is "Stay safe and get stale" or "try something new with big risk / reward". IMO.

Halo4 has a meta of 87. Competent studios are handed out their competency certificate at what score?

One thing people that are "concerned" about Halo never understand is, how vast the Halo universe is. Xbox 360 had 2 Halo games starring Master Chief, others had more than two in 4 years.

Halo 4 is criticized because it deviated from H3 gameplay formula and 343i coupled the games with the lore, unlike Bungie. I don't expect you to know that.

I stopped playing Halo after ODST...  it was a good place to let go for me. 

I don't take meta's all that seriously, especially when it comes to MS backed games. Titanfall, Evolve, Gears and several others have burned me over the years when I listened to the likes of IGN give MCC a ninety-something and then hear about all the issues for them only to say... "there is so much content it doesnt matter..." MS  and their studios always seem to get a free pass. 

On the other hand I played the beta for Destiny and loved it and still do. Driveclub was lambasted by the same critics who lauded Evolve and Titanfall yet I have loved every minute I played DC.

Watch Dogs was one of the only ones aligned with PS that came in overrated...

Anyway 7 Halo games over the 360 lifespan is crazy...

but only 3 that were focused on master chief? And one of those three were on the original xbox.  Halo's universe is massive, many things you can do with it.  

I've never played Destiny because it didn't look that good, but I highly doubt its better than Halo from what I've seen.

Halo. No doubt about it. And now I can't remember if I already replied to this thread...oh well.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

My rose rinted glasses make me want to say Halo, but Destiny is probably better overall. Halo might have full campaigns and set pieces, but I can't say I was ever enthralled by them - it was more about how it played, the co-op, and competitive multiplayer gameplay that had me hooked back in the day.

Around the Network

Halo-》singleplayer

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS