By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Vs Destiny: which one is the better game?

Which one do you think is the better game?

Halo 302 59.57%

Destiny 155 30.57%

I don't like either 50 9.86%

Total:507

Borderlands > titanfall > halo > destiny > chelsea

Around the Network

It is so very fashionable to hate on Destiny, it had a rough development and launch but you see many here holding that against it one year later after many changes.

People going on about story in Halo.... that is laughable. Halo had very simplistic narrative and just cause you have read a few books doesn't mean that the games are made automatically better. It is just that you are too invested to admit that the story is barely there. It is hardly Citizen Kane or even TLOU for that matter.

Mechanics are far better in Destiny in both PVE and PVP content. Not to mention there is nothing to compete with the raids in Destiny.

Halo fans are die hard.... I used to be one. It was passed out by COD many years ago and only the most die hard fans were left. Now Destiny is on the rise and there is a resistance to it because it is overshadowing many peoples old favourites.

The diversity of content, the integration of PVP and PVE content and the fact that your character is your own. Along with an amazing community built around the cooperative nature of the game.

So in destiny you have; The Story, Vanguard quests, Crucible quests, leveling system, loot system, PVP including rift and mayhem along with traditional modes. Then you have strikes of which there are now 13... this is offered weekly in the nighfall with a special reward.
Then you have the raid

All of that content versus Halo's offering... A traditional story that has little replayability (enemies dont change shield types or come from different areas or get reinforcements. With a traditional multiplayer..... that has gotten progressively worse over the years. There are little to no items or armours etc to collect and when COD comes out the online community shrinks.

.......People are either brainwashed or deluded if they think Halo is better.

User moderated -RavenXtra

Halo by Far.

Mr Puggsly said:
Insidb said:
Before TTK, Halo had a huge edge with the story. Since TTK, Destiny has pulled ahead. For anyone wondering, they cleaned up the mess that it used to be and made the gameplay ever better.

TTK must be amazing, because I haven't upgraded and the original Destiny content is still underwhelming.

Actually, the original Destiny is worse now that Bungie has removed features.

They went back, integrated all the previous expansions into the original campaign story, and tied the narrative together.

When the game first launched, the story was so disjointed that it may as well just have been a hub (tower) campaign game.

PotentHerbs said:
I'm surprised with the amount of support Destiny is getting. I remember the majority of people were disappointed when it launched.

Some support Destiny is getting is because its not on a single platform. I'm not saying that's all the support though.

In defense of Destiny fans, its a different style of game. The RPG mechanics can be addictive and gunplay is solid.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Insidb said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Insidb said:
Before TTK, Halo had a huge edge with the story. Since TTK, Destiny has pulled ahead. For anyone wondering, they cleaned up the mess that it used to be and made the gameplay ever better.

TTK must be amazing, because I haven't upgraded and the original Destiny content is still underwhelming.

Actually, the original Destiny is worse now that Bungie has removed features.

They went back, integrated all the previous expansions into the original campaign story, and tied the narrative together.

When the game first launched, the story was so disjointed that it may as well just have been a hub (tower) campaign game.

Well I've been replaying the missions since the big update and its still feels much the same to me. The made some tweaks for better story telling I guess, but missions and gameplay is still tedious.

I guess I need to play TTK because that's what everybody is losing their shit over.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

My vote goes to Bungie. Which means that, currently, Destiny is better. Halo to me is a company attaching strings to a dead kitten that people said was cute in hopes that it will still be cute through generous application of CG and makeup.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I am going with Destiny. Halo failed to pull me into it with 360, failed to keep me interested with MCC, and failed again with the beta. I just can't seem to get into it. I will give 5 a shot but it is low on my radar.

Destiny I love however and with TK it is on the right track. That said, for me it is a no brainer.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Destiny is too young, I'd say Mass Effect is the best, especially Mass Effect 3, it was so dense, every single frame had so many things going on. The ending was like poetry, it Rhymes

Haha. Please never leave this site. 

Halo, for me. I put about a week total time into destiny too so it isn't like I don't have experience with both. I feel Destiny just cashed a check it couldn't bank. As they say. 

Bryank75 said:

It is so very fashionable to hate on Destiny, it had a rough development and launch but you see many here holding that against it one year later after many changes.

People going on about story in Halo.... that is laughable. Halo had very simplistic narrative and just cause you have read a few books doesn't mean that the games are made automatically better. It is just that you are too invested to admit that the story is barely there. It is hardly Citizen Kane or even TLOU for that matter.

Mechanics are far better in Destiny in both PVE and PVP content. Not to mention there is nothing to compete with the raids in Destiny.

Halo fans are die hard.... I used to be one. It was passed out by COD many years ago and only the most die hard fans were left. Now Destiny is on the rise and there is a resistance to it because it is overshadowing many peoples old favourites.

The diversity of content, the integration of PVP and PVE content and the fact that your character is your own. Along with an amazing community built around the cooperative nature of the game.

So in destiny you have; The Story, Vanguard quests, Crucible quests, leveling system, loot system, PVP including rift and mayhem along with traditional modes. Then you have strikes of which there are now 13... this is offered weekly in the nighfall with a special reward.
Then you have the raid

All of that content versus Halo's offering... A traditional story that has little replayability (enemies dont change shield types or come from different areas or get reinforcements. With a traditional multiplayer..... that has gotten progressively worse over the years. There are little to no items or armours etc to collect and when COD comes out the online community shrinks.

.......People are either brainwashed or deluded if they think Halo is better.

User moderated -RavenXtra

First Destiny is mostly hated is because it was an overhype game that didn't live up to expectations. There is even a meme born because it lack story when it launch: "(insert any game/demo here) has a better story than Destiny".

Second you really think the only people that are into Halo today  are "die hard fans"? I'm not even a "die-hard fan" and I am still getting it day one. Also look at Halo 4 sales it was competing with Black Ops 2 and it still manage to become the fastest selling Halo game ever.

Third you do know that the Halo 5 multiplayer beta was given positive feedback,right? How can you say "progressively worst" if it giving praise?

Some of those comments make little sense but your last line made your whole post invalid.

Proud to be a Californian.