By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Vs Destiny: which one is the better game?

Which one do you think is the better game?

Halo 302 59.57%

Destiny 155 30.57%

I don't like either 50 9.86%

Total:507

Halo. But it's not as close as i thought it would be.

I'm a HUGE Halo fan. The only one I didn't play at release was the original (probably because I was when it came out).

The storyline is far superior in Halo. Halo 2 was decent, but Halo 3/Reach had an amazing and challenging story that I loved. 4 was decent.

Destiny basically doesn't have a story.

But I have probably had more fun playing Destiny's online. Even though it has more flaws, the replay value is very good. Plus my friends have gotten into it as well. It's more than just competitive multiplayer.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

Oh dear, most of you are commenting off out of date material. Have any of you seen TTK reviews?
It has a mountain of 90's. The game is absolutely fantastic and has come a long way since launch... that is one year.

In all the years that Halo has been on the market it has only got worse. The franchise is paralysed into such a conservative position that there have been no innovations to make its experience unique. Just a load of fads from COD that were added cause that was the most successful shooter at the time.

With Destiny we finally see shooters move forward, rift and mayhem modes are awesome. The new story is not complicated but done very well with excellent cinematic's and the raid is unlike anything else on consoles.

For storyline and lineage, halo.
For gameplay, destiny.

Sorry but the gunplay in destiny is just miles ahead of halo, halo feels clunky and dated in comparison.

Full disclosure: i own halo 1,2,3,4 odst, reach and mcc, as well as destiny, ttk and all expansions.

But hey, don't let me stop you guys from continuing to compare day 1 destiny or anything.
Also, saying "destiny has no content" is basically the same thing as saying "i've no idea what im talkimg about but the cool kids say this so i will too, oh how i wish to be a cool kid like them"

Halo, it has more of a soul and story.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

ethomaz said:
jason1637 said:

Have you played halo 4? Halo 4 has a better story and better mp than destiny. But i do agree destiny has better gunplay. 

Yes.

I can possible agree with story part but well TTK has better story for me but Halo 4's MP is just so bad I can't even compare.

Halo 2 and Reach have one of the best MPs in the Halo's franchise.
Halo and Halo 3 have one of the best SPs in the Halo's franchise.

I see what your saying but im talking about the story mode with no dlcs and stuff. If we take that into consideration halo 4 has a better story.

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Neither. Killzone is much better. :P

Well this comment made my day.

I dont like either but thats becuase I hate FPS games, I actualy dislike almost every game in first person. I dont think the perspective actualy works, youre always a disembodied hand in these games, theres no body, legs, nose, eye lashes etc visible.

The game that actually has a story and doesn't force you to grind to get anywhere.

I have to say Destiny. I just love how expansive it's universe is.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Don't like FPS in general, but I'd go with Halo

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]