By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Vs Destiny: which one is the better game?

Which one do you think is the better game?

Halo 302 59.57%

Destiny 155 30.57%

I don't like either 50 9.86%

Total:507

In terms of core gameplay, Destiny is essentially better as it's pretty much an evolution of the Halo gameplay. As an overall package though, Halo just does more with what it has. The campaign, story and lore are all presented much better than in Destiny. The multiplayer and co-op as well just seem that bit more polished. Halo also doesn't suffer from the sheer grinding that Destiny force you to do.

You could argue that Destiny is an MMO with full character progression which is why the grinding and other issues are present. However, if you compare it with other MMO titles it really only does the bare minimum to be considered as such. It's addictive, but as an overall package I'd say it's inferior to the Halo games. And this is coming from someone who doesn't actually like Halo game, lol.

Around the Network

Halo for me because you can play local multiplayer. I just hate it when you have friends over(who do not have the same console) but you can't play the game with them. 

jason1637 said:
LipeJJ said:
Neither. Killzone is much better. :P

Well this comment made my day.

At your service, sir. :P

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I like Halo much more, destiny is alright, but lacking in content (talking about vanilla).

I'm surprised with the amount of support Destiny is getting. I remember the majority of people were disappointed when it launched.

Around the Network

Halo is great and destiny is a wana be clone . Destiny has no soul or heart, just a lifeless body

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

jason1637 said:

I see what your saying but im talking about the story mode with no dlcs and stuff. If we take that into consideration halo 4 has a better story.

I agree.

I'm glad there is logic in the polls :)

Proud to be a Californian.

DakonBlackblade said:
I dont like either but thats becuase I hate FPS games, I actualy dislike almost every game in first person. I dont think the perspective actualy works, youre always a disembodied hand in these games, theres no body, legs, nose, eye lashes etc visible.

This I kind of are with. I think every developer has failed in creating a first person perspective where it actually look like playing in first person. I wouldn't mind settings like in racing games, where I would be able to choose different perspectives, where one is something like "true first person."

Imaginedvl said:

No even close :) Halo by far. Destiny is a good game but nothing close to Halo.
Also for Destiny. The TTK story is okay but not super awesome at all to me. The fact that it is at least better than the original mess makes a lot of people think like it is over the top (as they are happy after the mess the original story was) while it is just plain okay imo.

I'm getting this vibe, too. From what I have watched of TTK being played anyway. People talk as if the story is now insanely deep and well told... it seems to be the same shit just written a tad better and with cinematics that don't make you cringe. It's leading people to overrate the hell out of the story in TTK. A big step up from vanilla Destiny might still just land them somewhere average. Vanilla Destiny was that bad.