By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo Vs Destiny: which one is the better game?

Which one do you think is the better game?

Halo 302 59.57%

Destiny 155 30.57%

I don't like either 50 9.86%

Total:507
PotentHerbs said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Some support Destiny is getting is because its not on a single platform. I'm not saying that's all the support though.

In defense of Destiny fans, its a different style of game. The RPG mechanics can be addictive and gunplay is solid.

I would jump back in but I'm wary of the $40 price for the TTK expansion. 

It's only $10 more than the other DLC, and includes a lot more content than either one... 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Halo, there is not even a contest please...

Except there is a contest, otherwise the thread wouldn't be here and the voting would be more one-sided. 

Sharpryno said:
First month I played Destiny was some of the dullest gameplay I've ever seen. Zero story, Grinding was repetitive and gave little return, not an MMO like it should have been. The world was so empty. Could not stand it. People telling me its only fun when you get to raids...that is how you know how lame that game was. and lol at the pvp

Just because a game doesn't stop you, sit you down, and make you watch a cutscene doesn't mean it has no story. If you pay attention during the missions, you'll find story is there. 

Azuren said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Halo, there is not even a contest please...

Except there is a contest, otherwise the thread wouldn't be here and the voting would be more one-sided. 

You mean that 30% VS 60% even when the amount of MS fans in this site is minimal? Yeah, great contest.

Anyway I was talking about my opinion not about the pole, I´m right in both cases though

Goodnightmoon said:

You mean that 30% VS 60% even when the amount of MS fans in this site is minimal? Yeah, great contest.

Anyway I was talking about my opinion not about the pole, I´m right in both cases though

The Destiny's hate is this site is way over MS non-fans.

Any other site and Destiny could bet more votes.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Also, ive noticed that there is a weird "alliance" between Ms and Ninty people over here against anything Sony.

While Destiny is not exclusive to the Playstation, i think an important amount of people are voting in favor of Halo just to rust some jimmies.

AEGRO said:
ethomaz said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Also, ive noticed that there is a weird "alliance" between Ms and Ninty people over here against anything Sony.

While Destiny is not exclusive to the Playstation, i think an important amount of people are voting in favor of Halo just to rust some jimmies.

An absolutely pathetic and paranoic way to fit the facts into your little bubble. If that helps you to sleep tonight, you are welcome, but the way you put traps to transform any opinion in some kind of anti-sony attack is just pathetic. DESTINY has absolutely nothing to do with Sony, SURPRISE!, this is like comparing Assasins Creed with Uncharted to me, guess what is my winner there, a hint: it has a good ass but it doesn´t start with those words.

I think the sheer quantity of articles, the twitch people like Gothalion and Triplewreck etc. , the phenomenal community that help each other, build websites and apps to aid teaming up and the score of the latest content (Taken King) shows that Destiny is at the forefront of gaming at the moment.

343 have not yet shown that they can deliver a competently made game and this time it is critical. While Bungie have shown that despite problems during development, they can listen and improve what they have. It helps that mechanically Destiny is in many peoples opinions number one.

I like many others were overdosed on the Chief last generation. How many iterations can you have in such a short time!?
It is "Stay safe and get stale" or "try something new with big risk / reward". IMO.

Goodnightmoon said:
AEGRO said:

An absolutely pathetic and paranoic way to fit the facts into your little bubble. If that helps you to sleep tonight, you are welcome, but the way you put traps to transform any opinion in some kind of anti-sony attack is just pathetic. DESTINY has absolutely nothing to do with Sony, this is like comparing Assasins Creed with Uncharted to me, guess what is my winner there, spoiler: has a good ass but it is not played like ass.

Wow!

You need to calm down bro hahaha, there havent been a day where you dont get pissed off by every little thing around here. Take a chill pill loco.

P.D. I voted "I dont like either".

Bryank75 said:
I think the sheer quantity of articles, the twitch people like Gothalion and Triplewreck etc. , the phenomenal community that help each other, build websites and apps to aid teaming up and the score of the latest content (Taken King) shows that Destiny is at the forefront of gaming at the moment.

343 have not yet shown that they can deliver a competently made game and this time it is critical. While Bungie have shown that despite problems during development, they can listen and improve what they have. It helps that mechanically Destiny is in many peoples opinions number one.

I like many others were overdosed on the Chief last generation. How many iterations can you have in such a short time!?
It is "Stay safe and get stale" or "try something new with big risk / reward". IMO.

Last generation was 2 games of Chief.