By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: The Wii U Gamepad is the only real innovation this console cycle

Gamepad is the only real innovation this gen

Yes, because... 188 54.02%

No, because... 160 45.98%

Total:348
Magnus said:
The gamepad was a stupid idea that would have never gotten past a focus group or even basic market research. Which means that they probably don't do the basic market research a large company should do to ensure that risks are taken properly.

Or the research was mainly done in Japan where the company is located. The wii u is actually doing decently there. Off screen gameplay was especially beneficial due to less tv's in the average household if I remember correctly.

Around the Network

Well... your innovation kinda sucked.

I just want a normal console with a normal controller with great games.

The Wiimotes where fun.... for a little bit.

The tablet controller should have been optional.

As far as I learned, a product needs to be successful and influence technology and society positively to be called innovation.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The gamepad is awesome, ahead of its time. It's a real shame that some people weren't smart enough to see its greatness.

gatito said:
The gamepad is awesome, ahead of its time. It's a real shame that some people weren't smart enough to see its greatness.

You heard it here first folks, if you don't like the gamepad, you are just not smart enough to "see its greatness".

Around the Network

Anything on the Wii-U could be done on the 3DS. The real innovation is VR!

Then Nintendo doesn't own PS4 and Xbox One.

Innovative doesn't always mean better... but I like the gamepad

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I just want a regular controller that's comfortable to use for many hours and not a gimmicky controller.....err I meant "innovative controller". The button layout is too awkward to ever feel comfortable.

Aeolus451 said:
I just want a regular controller that's comfortable to use for many hours and not a gimmicky controller.....err I meant "innovative controller". The button layout is too awkward to ever feel comfortable.

I found the Gamepad to be very comfortable. Even the sticks felt good.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile