By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: The Wii U Gamepad is the only real innovation this console cycle

Gamepad is the only real innovation this gen

Yes, because... 188 54.02%

No, because... 160 45.98%

Total:348

I wouldn't exactly call it "innovative" really. The Gampad really just shows the whole DS dual screen thing taken to another level. Not exactly mindblowing honestly. Plus Nintendo never really gave us reasons to use it to begin with.

Though I will say that Super Mario Maker is going to be that game that really makes the Gamepad shine. It might be a little late to the party but hey better late than never I guess.

Around the Network

Real innovation this gen, will be VR.

And no virtual boy was not real VR.

I'd agree but it's not like there's been much competition...and it would also take the crown for 'Most Underutilised Innovation', sadly.

Being arrogant as shit without having any reason to be that is another...wait the other companies have done that pretty well too.

But seriously step off your high horse Nintendo, you added a bad tablet into your controller, that is it. Your hardware "innovations" this gen were entirely worthless trash, that in parts you yourself didn't know how to take advantage of.

"Innovative" does not equal "good".

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Luke888 said:

those games will show off less potential than Nintendo Land. the one and only game that really took advantage of the Gamepad °-°

It's incredible to me , Nintendo only had to make a sequel to most of the games on DS + other new games and it would have sold milions of consoles.

The Stylus is used in about 3 games and is one of the main features of the Gamepad...

Wait, which games? I only remember Nintendo Land.

Kirby and The Rainbow Curse and something else i can't remember now <.<

HoloDust said:
Oh dear, the arrogance of Nintendo executives apparently has no limits.

it's not arrogance, as a member of a company you can't say that your current system is bad even if it's true, if you do:

1-your system stop selling;

2-you get fired

That is kind of the problem. Your average 'core' gamer wants the exact same thing that they have had since 1995, but just with fancier graphics and voice chat so they can tell people how superior they are. This is where Nintendo messed up.

Ruler said:
- share play
- installing ps4 games and patches while playing the games

Arent?

Miiverse lets you share screenshots, drawings and upload videos, and all patches are downloaded in the background whilst you play your Wii U games. So technically Nintendo got there first??

Pavolink said:

According to them, Super Mario Maker and Star Fox Zero will show the potential of the Gamepad...

Super Mario Maker is one of the only games on the system that really needs the gamepad! They get points for that I guess.