By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: The Wii U Gamepad is the only real innovation this console cycle

Gamepad is the only real innovation this gen

Yes, because... 188 54.02%

No, because... 160 45.98%

Total:348

Well, no one is really using it.

I do think it's pretty innovative, but when no one is taking advantage of it, it doesn't say much.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Luke888 said:
so innovative that Nintendo themselve didn't exploit it, and we're talking about Nintendo, the most creative of the gaming companies out there...

According to them, Super Mario Maker and Star Fox Zero will show the potential of the Gamepad...

those games will show off less potential than Nintendo Land. the one and only game that really took advantage of the Gamepad °-°

It's incredible to me , Nintendo only had to make a sequel to most of the games on DS + other new games and it would have sold milions of consoles.

The Stylus is used in about 3 games and is one of the main features of the Gamepad...

Luke888 said:
Pavolink said:
Luke888 said:
so innovative that Nintendo themselve didn't exploit it, and we're talking about Nintendo, the most creative of the gaming companies out there...

According to them, Super Mario Maker and Star Fox Zero will show the potential of the Gamepad...

those games will show off less potential than Nintendo Land. the one and only game that really took advantage of the Gamepad °-°

It's incredible to me , Nintendo only had to make a sequel to most of the games on DS + other new games and it would have sold milions of consoles.

The Stylus is used in about 3 games and is one of the main features of the Gamepad...

Wait, which games? I only remember Nintendo Land.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Hahaha wow sore losers. The Wii U gamepad tired to skate off of the success of Tablet gaming and offered nothing to gamers besides moving a mini map to a place you now have to look down to see.

Most of the innovation was ironed out last gen, but the consoles just weren't strong enough to run big games. This gen will be all about the innovation in gameplay with No Man's Sky, MGS, and others creating new gaming elements scenarios and genres - And other games striving for photo-realism.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

- share play
- installing ps4 games and patches while playing the games

Arent?

Around the Network
Ruler said:
- share play
- installing ps4 games and patches while playing the games

Arent?

No.

The gamepad isn't all that innovative. It's pretty much a DS where you are bound to your TV.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Gonna get a taste of that innovation next week on Zombi-not-U

Off screen TV play is the best innovation of this generation.

The gamepad is great but unfortunately, I don't think we'll see something like it again.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54