By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Shatters Expectations (YES, Finally!)

Mr.Playstation said:
Okay, I predicted Splatoon would sell less than 100K in Japan and only 220K. Can I have some ketchup with the serving of crow?

congratulations actually if you predicted 100k, 80% of predictions were under that, so you were actually close compare to them :)

Oh and i dont have Ketchup

Around the Network

I made no predictions on sales, but like many people the early previews just looked so good, I bought the game.

Now that I've been playing it, I really enjoy the game, but I'm changing my mind just a bit about whether this game is really in the league of Mario Kart - I think not.

It just doesn't appeal as much to kids. For all the pretty colors, it is a hard core shooter, before they turned on ranked battle, that wasn't as clear as it is now...what can I say, you don't have to play ranked battle, but ever since they turned it on, my son never left it - and it is a different game. It's not about the painting it's about knocking off other players.

Anyway, even if I still don't have any feel for sales predictions my gut tells me the shine will wear off a bit on this game... it's no Mario Kart. It's fun, its a good shooter....but it won't appeal to some of the Nintendo base, I think.

oh heck lets make another wildly wrong prediction, it will sell exactly 1.874 million copies, and that's it. ;)

I served up a whole flock to others. I had to substitute some with 'I can't believe its not Crow!' but everyone got a plate.

Oh goodness. Here we go again...

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Splatoon to outsell the Wii U! 101 % attach rate

I undershot Splatoon big time in all seriousness,

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Splatoon to outsell the Wii U! 101 % attach rate

I undershot Splatoon big time in all seriousness,

we all did. I said it before i predicted 130k for FW but i knew (well thought) that was optimistic as hell lmao

I wonder how popular shooters are in Japan?

Anime when?

It's good to see that you are happy for Splatoon's success but I don't think your choice of title here was really the best idea, it just kind of sounds like you are looking to pick a fight. So I'm going to change the title here.

Mr.Playstation said:
Okay, I predicted Splatoon would sell less than 100K in Japan and only 220K. Can I have some ketchup with the serving of crow?

No ketchup, squid ink.

Whatever the case, a little humility, people.

I made a prediction it would sell 100K in Japan. I have a feeling it did over 500K first week. (cause US is a stronger market for games, and EU is about the same as Japan) Either way, I am very pleased.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]