By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Shatters Expectations (YES, Finally!)

tak13 said:
Yeah,true and you have the right to say that but in my opinion the title could be different,like''splatooon smashes its doubters''...

Splatoon inks its doubters ;)

Around the Network

145K first week is a solid number for Japan, but this is the type of game that will have mass appeal over there. If I were you, I would hold my breath until we see how well it does elsewhere. We haven't heard any news about it's sales outside of Japan, so that might be a bad sign. No crow for me tonight.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

People don't seem to understand that this is a great victory for consumers and the industry in general. Although we want to take every small gain as a victory in these dark Nintendo times, this... this is sending the right message to them. This is sayin, ''We reward you for taking risks and trying to be imaginative and reinvent something as old as the hills''.

So yes, the excellent first week of Splatoon in Japan is something to celebrate about. And those you deny it have no reason to do so. It is what everyone wanted: Nintendo making new IPs right. And this is doing right. So now, do right and celebrate about it, or leave.

There's some sweeeet bundles for it here atm. Tempting, tho im hoping for a X bundles

I'd wait until ww sales, and ultimately the games legs before expecting anyone to eat crow.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
I'll wait till First month's global sales before I feast on the feathers.

Exactly.

Signs are good, but you are jumping the gun massively with this thread.

think-man said:
There's some sweeeet bundles for it here atm. Tempting, tho im hoping for a X bundles

Im willing to make a bet. If you buy the bundle in the coming days and you don´t get totally addicted to the game i will request a 1 week ban. If you do get addicted to the game it win just a beautiful a feeling of satisfaction. So, what do you say?

Tachikoma said:
Signs are good, but you are jumping the gun massively with this thread.

Not really, only thing thats massive is the difference with predictions and reality lol

spemanig said:
I'd wait until ww sales, and ultimately the games legs before expecting anyone to eat crow.

Why? I dont think you and some others understand. I get what you mean buttttttttt Japan's FW sales alone already has probable cause to serve crow because

1. Most predictions online reguarding Splatoon were Japan's FW, which is what im serving now

2. FW of japan sales proved the silly W101 predictions wrong, and btw there is quite alot especially on gaf.