By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Shatters Expectations (YES, Finally!)

DialgaMarine said:
145K first week is a solid number for Japan, but this is the type of game that will have mass appeal over there. If I were you, I would hold my breath until we see how well it does elsewhere. We haven't heard any news about it's sales outside of Japan, so that might be a bad sign. No crow for me tonight.

Well tbf, again i know its early for Lifetime and WW but just look at the post above this. :)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Okay, I predicted Splatoon would sell less than 100K in Japan and only 220K. Can I have some ketchup with the serving of crow?

congratulations actually if you predicted 100k, 80% of predictions were under that, so you were actually close compare to them :)

Oh and i dont have Ketchup

Come on T-Bone give that man the good stuff, give him the Heinz

Let's see if it reaches those 5M+ sales you guys have been predicting...

tbone51 said:
EricFabian said:

OH no. We need to mock them all. A lot of people called Splatoon TW101 bomba level. We need to cook some crow now

You aint lying, there are numerous threads here and even with sales now there is currecnt downplay comments (lol).

Here are some examples on gaf...

Originally Posted by MJFJD 

I am expecting slightly better sales than wonderful 101. So no, not a major new IP.

Originally Posted by BkzUzi 

Sell as well as Pikmin 3. I don't think it'll be anywhere close to Mario Kart/Smash or sell as bad as W101.

Originally Posted by Fiercedeity 

It'll bomb.

Originally Posted by Infernostew 

It doesn't have Mario in it so I don't expect it to do very well.

Originally Posted by Who 

I honestly expect it to flop...

I hope that in wrong though

Originally Posted by Chobel 

You mean the next major Nintendo bomba?

Originally Posted by Toxi 

I mean, did you expect Codename S.T.E.A.M. to be the next big Nintendo IP? The Wonderful 101?

Originally Posted by Danielsan 

I'm expecting Wonderful 101 levels of bomb.

Originally Posted by Chezzymann 

I expect it to sell around the same as the wonderful 101. At very, very best pikmin 3. And that's me being optimistic. So no I don't think it will.

Originally Posted by Devilgunman 

It will be as major ip as Chibi Robo.

Originally Posted by -Pyromaniac- 

I'll be legit surprised if this game doesn't bomb. I guess we'd have to discuss what constitutes a bomb though considering the low user base. I should be clear though that the base isn't the reason I think it will bomb. I just don't think the game has a lot of appeal.

But yeah what is considered a bomb in sales for the wii u in terms of numbers.

I have a really odd feeling that this list wasn't made today...

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Lawlight said:

...Who predicted 5m+?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Of course it would sell well in Japan, but I still think it will struggle everywhere else.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Lawlight said:

yeah!!! Lets see how it'll reach 5mil+ like Lawlight is predicting guys! Seriously Law, dont be so optimistic. This game is only going to sell half of Bayo2 lifetime at most >_>

RolStoppable said:
Skullwaker said:

...Who predicted 5m+?

tbone wanted to, but he got sacked by the Bodyguard Project before he could hit the submit button.

C'mon!!! I didn't predict 4mil!!! I ask if it were "possible". Jezzzzzus, people dunno the "Can [insert game] sell [insert #] Lifetime" is a question of possibility not my prediction. :-/

That said my only predictions is my optimistic 1mil shipped+digital by june 30th and my prediction of 2.5mil-3mil lifetime.

MoHasanie said:
Of course it would sell well in Japan, but I still think it will struggle everywhere else.

Ok, it was of course in the past 3weeks that it would sell well in japan, before that 100k by itself would be overly optimistic :P

All i know is the game is selling through at Best Buys, and for once nintendo sent us a decent amount, about 20 per store, and we've sold through most of them if not all in several store around Ohio, and for our area that's saying alot! so I'm expecting some pretty good US numbers alone, but the real truth will also be how many people downloaded the game.