By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Shatters Expectations (YES, Finally!)

I thought this game was right up Japan's alley. I think it will do 200k- 250k in NA and 100k in Europe first week, making sales for the first week somewhere around 450k-500k.

Around the Network

Has Nintendo marketed this game in Japan well? I know here in the US I haven't seen marketing like this since Mariokart.

super_etecoon said:
What happened to a world when people could quietly and confidently accept success without requiring other people to feast on nearly inedible birds? This would be like me gloating if the Raiders were to beat the Patriots or something. Accept the small victory and hope for more...or else you'll be eating that same dish over and over and over again.

challenge accepted!  hmmmmm. i've focused on the wrong thing here huh?

Dulfite said:
Has Nintendo marketed this game in Japan well? I know here in the US I haven't seen marketing like this since Mariokart.

The game was marketed very, very well in Japan.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I certainly didn't expect such high Japanese sales on launch but I'd have to wait for for global sales before eating crow. My prediction was 1.5m this year. I'll eat crow if it passes that before the summer is over ;)

Around the Network
teigaga said:
I certainly didn't expect such high Japanese sales on launch but I'd have to wait for for global sales before eating crow. My prediction was 1.5m this year. I'll eat crow if it passes that before the summer is over ;)

1.5mil actually is in the higher end of predictions, your good. People are/were expecting lifetime sales of W101-600k/700k. 1.5mil is high, especially for end of the year by many :)

tbone51 said:
teigaga said:

1.5mil actually is in the higher end of predictions, your good. People are/were expecting lifetime sales of W101-600k/700k. 1.5mil is high, especially for end of the year by many :)

We should of had an official Nintendo sales prediction thread for this, X and Yoshi. 

teigaga said:
tbone51 said:

We should of had an official Nintendo sales prediction thread for this, X and Yoshi. 

We have many predictions, they are all over the place loll (different threads). Well not Yoshi, that should be interesting!

I never doubet its success, but never expected it to do so well! Has a big chance of getting a 500k opening week WW.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I'll wait till First month's global sales before I feast on the feathers.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'