By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are so many games skipping the XBOX ONE?

It doesn't matter, since Sony has no AAA titles for the holiday season it a mute point :p

Around the Network

Didn't some far cry 4 game of the year edition or some shit skip xbox in europe? bit weird

I don't think many of these are money hats.

Goatseye said:
Why aren't they on Nintendo WiiU?

Why isn't anything on the Wii U? 

1) Because they're japanese games

2) Because the Xone is a disaster in japan. It's only at 50k units now, will probably do 100k at the end, while the X360 did 1.7 M.

3) Japaneses games on 360 flopped hard.
Every.
single.
of.
them.

Some dev nearly crashed because of this (namco with tales of vesperia), and they really, really don't want to try something like that anymore.

4) the public for japaneses games is NOT on Xbox consoles. that's why jap games flopped on 360.
Xbox is more american oriented, so Fps/Tps/racing/occidental-rpg.

Around the Network

Because those are Japanese games and the Japanese don't like Xbox. We all know this, stop pretending like you don't.

Roronaa_chan said:
Nem said:

I'll raise you that to: Xbox exclusives aren't good because i'm not interested in them... i mean, i prefer quality stuff!

See how that sounds?

I guess the X1 japanese exclusives are pretty bad aswell. Because... logic.

Maybe they are right. Some of these are entries in long standing series but I guess even though they keep making them nobody is playing them, while everyone plays series that don't even get past one title like Alan Wake, Too Human, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, (for now) Ryse, etc.

That is a completely westernized PoV. Those games may look interesting at first glance because they are aimed at western tastes. Its exactly the same thing the japanese say when those games come to their shore but reversed.

Different people have different tastes, its not only limited to one type. Many of those games may very well be better than the ones you mentioned (well blue dragon and lost odyssey are japanese though, so i'm not sure it qualifies on what the other poster was saying).

For example, im currently playing Disgeaa 4 and its an amazing game. Funny, well designed varied levels, cool characters, lots of customization. I find it alot better than Alan Wake, Too human, and Ryse. Its up to what you find more interesting, but to say one or the other doesnt have quality because you are not interested in it, is a gross overstatement. You may think that, but you can't force in on others, nor is it an absolute truth. Just for yourself.

I was being sarcastic

Nem said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Maybe they are right. Some of these are entries in long standing series but I guess even though they keep making them nobody is playing them, while everyone plays series that don't even get past one title like Alan Wake, Too Human, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, (for now) Ryse, etc.

That is a completely westernized PoV. Those games may look interesting at first glance because they are aimed at western tastes. Its exactly the same thing the japanese say when those games come to their shore but reversed.

Different people have different tastes, its not only limited to one type. Many of those games may very well be better than the ones you mentioned (well blue dragon and lost odyssey are japanese though, so i'm not sure it qualifies on what the other poster was saying).

For example, im currently playing Disgeaa 4 and its an amazing game. Funny, well designed varied levels, cool characters, lots of customization. I find it alot better than Alan Wake, Too human, and Ryse. Its up to what you find more interesting, but to say one or the other doesnt have quality because you are not interested in it, is a gross overstatement. You may think that, but you can't force in on others, nor is it an absolute truth. Just for yourself.

Nippon ichi is well known for there wacky storylines  and great characters! They are  the masters of tactical rpg's disgaea being there flagship! 

Highly underrated developer in the west.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Ultrashroomz said:
Those are Japanese games.

XB1 is practically non-existant in Japan compared to the PS4, so yeah.

But 360 tried with Im@s, Blue dragon and a few others early during last gen.