By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are so many games skipping the XBOX ONE?

Well USF4 is being entirely funded by Sony, published by them and developed by a 3rd party studio who they chose to do the porting work. Capcom has zero to do with USF4 on PS4, much like they have nothing to do with RERev2 except providing the assets that will be used

The rest of the list basically comes down to having a good working relationship with Sony.

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
naruball said:
GamechaserBE said:
We also know that SE was not happy with TR sales and MS financial help convinced to make a new one =p. Moneyhatting/Funding in the end is the same only fanboys love to find a big difference between the two and fight about it.

Again further misinformation. This is getting out of hand. SE were not happy with TR sales after the first month the game was out. They made one statement publicly then and people took it and used it for years as if SE remained unsatisfied with sales. Not only were they happy with how well TR ended up selling but it exceeded their expectations. Here's a link so that this misinformation can stop spreading

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/once-an-underperformer-tomb-raider-nearing-6-million-in-sales/1100-6418162/

You're welcome.

So where was I wrong? I not said they are not happy with TR sales but used was ;). 

"We also know that SE was not happy with TR sales and MS financial help convinced to make a new one"

Yeah, nice try.

naruball said:
GamechaserBE said:
naruball said:
GamechaserBE said:
We also know that SE was not happy with TR sales and MS financial help convinced to make a new one =p. Moneyhatting/Funding in the end is the same only fanboys love to find a big difference between the two and fight about it.

Again further misinformation. This is getting out of hand. SE were not happy with TR sales after the first month the game was out. They made one statement publicly then and people took it and used it for years as if SE remained unsatisfied with sales. Not only were they happy with how well TR ended up selling but it exceeded their expectations. Here's a link so that this misinformation can stop spreading

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/once-an-underperformer-tomb-raider-nearing-6-million-in-sales/1100-6418162/

You're welcome.

So where was I wrong? I not said they are not happy with TR sales but used was ;). 

"We also know that SE was not happy with TR sales and MS financial help convinced to make a new one"

Yeah, nice try.

What? Omg I am loving this XD.

Mostly Japanese games or games that already wouldn't sell a lot on PS4, so they rather skip the even worse selling version.

IamAwsome said:
Burek said:
Everybody already made a point in indies and Japanese games.
The question is:
Why is Far Cry 4 Complete Edition skipping XOne? Is that a beginning of a trend from western publishers?

In all seriousness, that may have been a moneyhat. Sony had marketing rights and PS4 exclusive content. 

Why would Sony moneyhat a PC version then? I believe it was simply a function of XOne's performance in PAL territories.

Around the Network

Japanese oriented games don't sell well on Xbox one.Why?

Xone is flopping hard in japan.

People outside japan that like japanese games buy playstation.

That is why games like final fantasy type-0 are selling like 8:1/9:1 in ps4's favor.

Burek said:
IamAwsome said:

In all seriousness, that may have been a moneyhat. Sony had marketing rights and PS4 exclusive content. 

Why would Sony moneyhat a PC version then? I believe it was simply a function of XOne's performance in PAL territories.

I was thinking they paid to keep the game off Xbox. According to people on here Sony completely funded USFIV yet that game is still getting a PC version. 

street fighter was money hatted by sony.

japanese games will be exclusive due to xbox's poor performance in japan

the rest are indies which many end up on xbox eventually. there are only timed exclusive due to the nature of indie's inability to meet launch parity. xbox won't get all of them but they'll get most of the successful ones.

It doesn't matter, since Sony has no AAA titles for the holiday season it a mute point :p

Didn't some far cry 4 game of the year edition or some shit skip xbox in europe? bit weird