By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are so many games skipping the XBOX ONE?

LudicrousSpeed said:
Looks like the same situation as the 360 was in.

Sucks for those who care about those types of games. But those people are the minority.

That's underestimating the collective power of the niches that enjoy these games. This kind of mindset is what allowed the PS3 to ultimately outsell the 360 despite the year lead and Sony's mistakes in PS3's early days.

Around the Network

LoL @ SF was funded, but Tomb Raider money hatted.
Gotta love double standards.

OT: niche Japanese games that probably sell something like 200k worldwide outside Japan.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

jlmurph2 said:
Aeolus451 said:

The sales are in sony's favor 2 to 1 over MS and Nintendo. That's not my point though. It wouldn't hurt for MS to broaden it's library.

I wasn't talking about Sony vs everybody else. I was talking about Japanese vs Western. Some of which are niche.

My bad then. I misunderstood what you meant. Yeah, some are niche but it's starting to change. The souls games and bloodborne. Dragon's dogma. They're starting to create more and more games with appeal to a broader audience in mind. If japanese games similar to those are made, it wouldn't hurt if MS had a better relationship with japanese devs.

The Talos Princess

DirtyP2002 said:
LoL @ SF was funded, but Tomb Raider money hatted.
Gotta love double standards.

OT: niche Japanese games that probably sell something like 200k worldwide outside Japan.

More like, gotta love misinformation. Capcom has not beeng doing well financially in quite a while and their financial troubles are very much public. There were even reports about the company facing a hostile takeover.

But yeah, sure, let's call it double standards and ignore the facts, because Sony.

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
you basically listed all Playstation exclusives since... forever?

lol This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TheObserver said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Looks like the same situation as the 360 was in.

Sucks for those who care about those types of games. But those people are the minority.

That's underestimating the collective power of the niches that enjoy these games. This kind of mindset is what allowed the PS3 to ultimately outsell the 360 despite the year lead and Sony's mistakes in PS3's early days.

PS3 and 360 are in a virtual tie. yes 360 launched a year early and there for had more time. However where also coming off of one of the worst console launches in history.

Have you been paying attention to Japanese sales lately?

Considering most of those games you mentioned are Japanese it doesn't suprise me that lots of Japanese publishers are ignoring the X1.

The Xbox one Japanese sales have been very mediocre and that's not even an exaggeration.

MS won't do a thing, in fact MS probably knew it was over the week the Vita TV outsold the X1 in Japan.

TheObserver said:

Considering how similar the PS4 and XB1 are, it makes no sense to not make a XB1 port. 

Yet there's a ton of developers not making XB1 versions of their games. Looking at the upcoming games I saw the following:

Magicka 2

Ultra Street Fighter 4

Arcania

J-Star Victory

Onechanbara Z2: Chaos

Legend of Kay

Godzilla

Deception 4

Risen 3

The Talos Princess

Nobunaga's Ambition

Samurai Warriors 4-II

Disgaea 5

And these are just the ones with confirmed release dates over the next couple months, The list gets worse when you also count stuff like Dragon Quest Heroes, Persona 5, Hellblade, Yakuza, etc. 

Sure we can keep pretending these don't matter cause they're not 10 million sellers, but the fact is people are buying the PS4 cause it has all these niche titles releasing every week and they appeal one section of gamers or another. MS needs to put more effort into enticing developers to release these games on XB1, Halo and gears will sell the console only to so many people most of whom probably already have it.

nobody plays those. XBone is for quality stuff!

Ali_16x said:
Blob said:

Lol yep, the biggest fighter around had to be funded. Call a spade a spade, it's a money hat. 

And there is no shock that Japanese games aren't coming to the xbox one. doesn't mean anything other than the fact that xbox just doesn't sell in Japan. 

Yep, it did. It's amazing how people can just ignore facts that Capcom was in financial trouble and that Ono himself stated that they didn't have the funds to start development on the next Street Fighter game. The earliest we would have gotten SFV without Sony was 2018. But yeah, if it helps you, ignore facts buddy. No see, Tomb Raider is a straight out money hat, it was announced last year at E3 2014, but it wasn't announced exclusive until 2 months later at Gamescom.

Also I'm not sure why people are expecting Japanese games for Xbox One, the only reason the 360 got them was because Microsoft went around handing out bags of money too developers and actually had a decent install base, but 60k or whatever it is at currently, is not enough for Japanese game developers.

If thats the case they better put as less DLC as possible