By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are so many games skipping the XBOX ONE?

Ali_16x said:
Blob said:

Lol yep, the biggest fighter around had to be funded. Call a spade a spade, it's a money hat. 

And there is no shock that Japanese games aren't coming to the xbox one. doesn't mean anything other than the fact that xbox just doesn't sell in Japan. 

Yep, it did. It's amazing how people can just ignore facts that Capcom was in financial trouble and that Ono himself stated that they didn't have the funds to start development on the next Street Fighter game. The earliest we would have gotten SFV without Sony was 2018. But yeah, if it helps you, ignore facts buddy. No see, Tomb Raider is a straight out money hat, it was announced last year at E3 2014, but it wasn't announced exclusive until 2 months later at Gamescom.

Also I'm not sure why people are expecting Japanese games for Xbox One, the only reason the 360 got them was because Microsoft went around handing out bags of money too developers and actually had a decent install base, but 60k or whatever it is at currently, is not enough for Japanese game developers.

Yeah at the Xbox conference. So it must have already been in the talks.

Around the Network

Simple answer : they did and tried Japanese games with Xbox 360 back then but failed in the end, and does worst with current One, so why would they bother.

jlmurph2 said:
Aeolus451 said:

I agree that MS should try to entice more japanese developers to port their games to the xbox one. It would make the xbox one's library more diverse and build a better relationship with the japanese in general. That will probably lead to better sales in japan and around the world with future consoles. People other than japanese play japanese games. 

It would make a difference on here at the very least. If the majority of the world's gamers have similar opinions on it.....

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=203266&page=1#

A site full of Nintendo fans and about half of the Sony fans are going to pick Japanese. If you want the opinions of the world's gamers just look at the sales.

The sales are in sony's favor 2 to 1 over MS and Nintendo. That's not my point though. It wouldn't hurt for MS to broaden it's library.

HollyGamer said:
Simple answer : they did and tried Japanese games with Xbox 360 back then but failed in the end, and does worst with current One, so why would they bother.

well magicka 2 and risen 3 arent japanese.  but well risen sucks anyway and magicka is a strange beast anyway

Every game you listed is either niche, funded/moneyhatted by Sony (USFIV), or doesn't have a major following outside of Japan (DQ and a few others). Smaller Japanese developers aren't going to waste their time with the Xbox One. It isn't because the PS4 is more powerful or "better". It's simply because the Japanese don't care about the Xbox One. It would be different if games like Grand Theft Auto and Watch Dogs skipped the XB1.

Around the Network

Everybody already made a point in indies and Japanese games.
The question is:
Why is Far Cry 4 Complete Edition skipping XOne? Is that a beginning of a trend from western publishers?

Aeolus451 said:
jlmurph2 said:

A site full of Nintendo fans and about half of the Sony fans are going to pick Japanese. If you want the opinions of the world's gamers just look at the sales.

The sales are in sony's favor 2 to 1 over MS and Nintendo. That's not my point though. It wouldn't hurt for MS to broaden it's library.

I wasn't talking about Sony vs everybody else. I was talking about Japanese vs Western. Some of which are niche.

Quite honestly, because the X1 is not s sucess outside of the US. Therefore, games aimed primarily at the Japanese and european markets wont see an Xbox release most of the time.

Because Nadella hates games and keeps as many games as possible away as to not taint his beautiful TV platform.
He needs some games though so the device doesn't lose status as gaming console. But I just know he hates to do that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Because Nadella hates games and keeps as many games as possible away as to not taint his beautiful TV platform.
He needs some games though so the device doesn't lose status as gaming console. But I just know he hates to do that.