By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is your new Joker. What do you think?

My Joker? Well, I don't like his look at all. Seems like a teenager with a lot of anger issues. Hopefully, he'll be better in the actual movie.

Around the Network

Grills are not cool. Grills are not good. Grills are not popular. Grills are FUCKING STUPID. WHY THE FUCK DOES JOKER HAVE A GRILL?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Grills are not cool. Grills are not good. Grills are not popular. Grills are FUCKING STUPID. WHY THE FUCK DOES JOKER HAVE A GRILL?

Because it's a joke to piss you off. Like a troll, it seems his joke has worked. A great act of evil and a hilarous response that even makes the Joker himself laugh so hard he shit stained his pants.

Anyone that plays that role will have to be put up against a "Jack nicholson" AND a "Heath Ledger".

You know what they say, All work and no play.....

WHY so serious?

Seriously tough job to do better than either one of these guys.

*ps:  not a fan of the look of this joker.

Am I the only one who has trouble imagining someone as crazy awesome batshit insane like the Joker casually walking into the next best tattoo parlor and getting inked by some poor terrified tattoo artist?
For hours on end? Repeatedly? And with the weeks of aftercare getting a tattoo entails? Somehow that really stretches my supsension of disbelief.....

If this was some random Cosplayer I'd say awesome alternate universe interpretation of the character but in the movie....:/

Around the Network
SuperNova said:
Am I the only one who has trouble imagining someone as crazy awesome batshit insane like the Joker casually walking into the next best tattoo parlor and getting inked by some poor terrified tattoo artist?
For hours on end? Repeatedly? And with the weeks of aftercare getting a tattoo entails? Somehow that really stretches my supsension of disbelief.....

If this was some random Cosplayer I'd say awesome alternate universe interpretation of the character but in the movie....:/

^ this.

Joker shouldnt have tattoos.

Dont think he has in the comics or the cartoons either. Its just weird.

just terrible

I think it's fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

JRPGfan said:
SuperNova said:

^ this.

Joker shouldnt have tattoos.

Dont think he has in the comics or the cartoons either. Its just weird.

I could see the Joker with a tattoo.  It wouldn't be a "look at me, I'm a rebel" tattoo, though, but something off-kiler, like a tattoo of Three Grumpy Cat Moon or a platypus.  He'd have the kind of tattoo that would make someone chuckle--then he'd kill them. 

A Joker with that tattooed on his body would be a god among men.

If you've seen some of Leto's later work, you know he has some real range and a brave way of tackling roles. I didn't even recognize him in Dallas Buyer's Club until way after he showed up, it was a transformative role.

A pic is the worst possible way to know whether this will work or not, and to be honest, most of the question will be answered by the director and the script.

(1)- Can Jared Leto act? (YES.)
(2)- Is this a good director? (YES.)
(3)- Is this a good script? (Wait and see, but his previous work has been solid to awesome)

Look up David Ayer.

Is the talent comparable to Ledger and Nolan? I'd lean towards no, but still pretty close.

I think many people forget just how critical a good director is in making a good film. A lot of people just look at the franchise brand and the actors alone, a brutal mistake. Think of almost every disappointing superhero or action film, and you can quickly locate a 2nd rate director. That's not to say that a great director can't screw things up either, but that often comes with the 'too many cooks in the kitchen' syndrome where the studio is pulling too many strings, ramming product placement in there, too many screenwriters jacking with things, too much restriction in order to chase MPAA PG13, etc. And above all, a passion for the product comes through loud and clear. It's my theory on why Nolan went from a great film (Begins), to a legendary film (Dark Knight) to a flawed finale (Rises). I think he got to the point where he was just fulfilling the contract and going through the motions so he could move on (hence why he's dropped off the franchise as far as directing, and that hack Snyder is helming Batman v Superman).