By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is your new Joker. What do you think?

TheGoldenBoy said:
binary solo said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I'm hoping the tattoos aren't part of the look, but they probably are. Other than that though he looks great.

Tats are the thing now, you can't be badass without them. Good badass or bad badass you gotta have tats.

Then lets hope he's covered up for the whole movie. Although that head tattoo looks stupid as fuck.

the tattoo on the head seems like something a preteen would cry about on their blog or something about how ''damaged '' they are lol

they're trying way too hard to be ''edgy'' with this new joker,even gave him a grill lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Well Im happy that they seem to be going the complete opposite direction to Ledger's Joker

For someone that mentioned Miley Cyrus

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:

For someone that mentioned Miley Cyrus

Lol! Nice find.

If there was a real life joker.. He would look like that. I approve.

Around the Network

On the context of the movie, I would say that the aim is to make Joker as explosive as possible, so that he is memorable while having little screen time, so he doesn't take away focus from the suicide squad.

IMO this looks like a 90s - early 2000s esque portrayal of someone a mom would disapprove of, aka Little Wayne Joker version.

Seems to me the are exploring a entirely new portrayal of this character that is outside the normal comical - crazy spectrum that Ledger and Nickleson convey so well. While I don't care for it, as long as they don't change Joker's core tenants: being the ringleader but only pursing his goals. his warped sense of humor, fun, and playfulness, his intelligence, etc...in essence his Joking attitude, I'll be ok with it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I adore heath Ledger's take on the Joker, but his interpretation of the character wasn't directly inspired from the cartoons or comics. From my understanding, Jared Leto is aiming for something more chaotic and manic, which is closer to the 'original joker' (whatever that means). The new Batman movie obviously has different writers and directors from the Dark Knight and cartoons. So it's expected that this character still won't come off as something that familiar to the fans.

After all of this is said and done, what really matters is how the character fits with the context of the movie.

.- -... -.-. -..

TheGoldenBoy said:
binary solo said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I'm hoping the tattoos aren't part of the look, but they probably are. Other than that though he looks great.

Tats are the thing now, you can't be badass without them. Good badass or bad badass you gotta have tats.

Then lets hope he's covered up for the whole movie. Although that head tattoo looks stupid as fuck.

Well I do like his hahahahaha tattoo on his shoulder.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

KLXVER said:

hahahahaha yessssss

OT: I was a huge Ledger fan. I'm not sure I like new Joker's edgy look

#1 Amb-ass-ador