By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Soooo... Im actually hyped for Yoshis Wooly World, not done with 2d platformers after-all..

Looks great. The yoshi games have always had different pacing than many other side scrollers, and they also generally have a higher difficulty curve.
I'm not worried about the release date in the most part, I know it'll get here when it does. Same sort of thing with Zelda. It's disappointing that it's delayed but it won't ruiin my enjoyment for it when it gets here.
The game looks great.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network

It's very hard not to be hyped for such a cute looking game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Goodnightmoon said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
This game will be too easy for me because it's clearly developed for kids (you are delusional and blind/deaf if you can't see this). I need a game with a much higher difficulty level.

"On classic mode the game will be challenging even for veterans"

Textual words.

Now please, don´t judge a book for it´s cover. All Yoshi games are cute because... you know, is so freaking cute that is obviously the best style election. 

And don´t call it delusional when you have all the chances to be wrong. 

The aesthetics are clearly developed with children in mind. You don't make a game based on baby dinosaurs made of yarn if you're trying to attract anyone over 12. I mean, think about it. 

As for the difficulty, Contra Hard Corps without save states... now that's difficult. Getting 100% on Super Meat Boy, that's difficult. Beating Yoshi, no matter the mode, will NOT be difficult. It will only be challening if you're using the regular mode as a reference point.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Goodnightmoon said:

"On classic mode the game will be challenging even for veterans"

Textual words.

Now please, don´t judge a book for it´s cover. All Yoshi games are cute because... you know, is so freaking cute that is obviously the best style election. 

And don´t call it delusional when you have all the chances to be wrong. 

The aesthetics are clearly developed with children in mind. You don't make a game based on baby dinosaurs made of yarn if you're trying to attract anyone over 12. I mean, think about it. 

There is no reason adults cannot enjoy its aesthetics. As 26 year old man, I find them very appealing.

AlfredoTurkey said:

As for the difficulty, Contra Hard Corps without save states... now that's difficult. Getting 100% on Super Meat Boy, that's difficult. Beating Yoshi, no matter the mode, will NOT be difficult. It will only be challening if you're using the regular mode as a reference point.

So you're going to play it on the casual mode? The original Yoshi's Island was quite difficult especially when getting 100%,  you couldn't afford to even get hit and the extra levels were some of the hardest in platforming, if you play it on casual then it's no fault of the game.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

There is no reason adults cannot enjoy its aesthetics. As 26 year old man, I find them very appealing.

There's no reason anyone can't enjoy it no. I'm not arguing that. I'm simply suggesting that it's aesthetics are not aimed at the demograph you and I are in. I honestly don't think these games are made for us... even if we play and/or enjoy them.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Amen; those are some big arse shoes to fill, but it wouldn't be unprecendented; Donkey Kong Country 2 is one of the best 2D platformers made and DKCR and Tropical Freeze were able to match it. (IMO of course)

I just hope it's more like the awesome Yoshi's Island and less like the thoroughly disappointing Yoshi's Story.

Agree. But its pretty obvious by the trailers. This game is Yoshi´s Island 2.

I echo Curl's sentiments completely and I found the trailer very encouraging too.

AlfredoTurkey said:
curl-6 said:

There's no reason anyone can't enjoy it no. I'm not arguing that. I'm simply suggesting that it's aesthetics are not aimed at the demograph you and I are in. I honestly don't think these games are made for us... even if we play and/or enjoy them.

I actually don't think it is aimed directly at children, I think it is meant to be age agnostic, equally able to appeal to children and adults.

For me i dont think any 2D platformer or platformer in general can surpass DKC:TF, the game is amazing to me, the music, level design and challenge is all there, i honestly think it will finish as one of my favourite, If not my favourite games this generation, but i think this game will be fantastic in its own right, the more platformers the better for me, bring more of them on.

curl-6 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I actually don't think it is aimed directly at children, I think it is meant to be age agnostic, equally able to appeal to children and adults.

It's aimed at diehard Nintendo fans who swallow almost anything with Nintendo's seal of quality on it. Not saying that's a bad thing though, but considering the sales of the WII U, you can't make money on games fir specific demographics.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar