By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony devolope Bloodborne 2 by themselfs?

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Kami said:

But what your not mentioning is how sony never even approached From take make Demons Souls at all. 3 different companies own the Demons Souls IP with SCEJ just happening to be the japanese one but SCEJ did nothing as far as developement. The Bottom line is Sony owns the Bloodborne IP and Assets. The actual appeal in working with From Software is so Sony can have an engine to make future Bloodborne titles for the PS4 not so From can take it and make more multiplat games. Again why do you say Bloodborne is From's game? It's not it's SCEJ games with From as a co developer. 

Your logic makes no sense...the way your saying it is Fromsoftware gets nothing out of this deal, hell they lose millions of sales by not releasing their game on PC and Xbox.  No one in their right mind would take that deal.  Take a step back and think about this logically. 

You know what from got? A big fat check. That's all they need. You're not thinking about it from Sony's point of view. Why would they waste 3 to 4 years making an engine and game, spend money to get froms help ony so that your work in some way end up on another platform. Both DS1 and DS2 sold over 60% of total sales on the PS3 so it makes sense. Agian SONY owns both the bloodborn IP, The Engine, and the game assets. SO how does From walk away with the engine? They don't

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Around the Network

Betray us? If they make it multiplat it is still available on Playstation.......

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Kami said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Your logic makes no sense...the way your saying it is Fromsoftware gets nothing out of this deal, hell they lose millions of sales by not releasing their game on PC and Xbox.  No one in their right mind would take that deal.  Take a step back and think about this logically. 

You know what from got? A big fat check. That's all they need. You're not thinking about it from Sony's point of view. Why would they waste 3 to 4 years making an engine and game, spend money to get froms help ony so that your work in some way end up on another platform. Both DS1 and DS2 sold over 60% of total sales on the PS3 so it makes sense. Agian SONY owns both the bloodborn IP, The Engine, and the game assets. SO how does From walk away with the engine? They don't

Lol like Sony is gonna pay for 2+ million game sales.  If Sony was gonna go that they would have secured bigger exclusives like FFXV or MGSV, again think about this logically.  From walked away with the engine the first time.  I don't want another response of you posting your assumptions as facts, if you don't have any sources to back up what your saying don't bother responding. 

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Kami said:

Lol like Sony is gonna pay for 2+ million game sales.  If Sony was gonna go that they would have secured bigger exclusives like FFXV or MGSV, again think about this logically.  From walked away with the engine the first time.  I don't want another response of you posting your assumptions as facts, if you don't have any sources to back up what your saying don't bother responding. 

Demon's Souls ran off the Havok engine bro lol From didn't walk away with anything special plus Sony doesn't own the Demon's Souls IP, They alon with Atlus and Namco own it together. Sony paid off SFV so which is a much bigger franchise so why wouldn't the pay off Bloodborne? Lmao where do you come telling me what to do? You want facts? Here you go.

Demons Souls ran off a engine me and you could buy: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=demons%20souls%20engine

Sony owns the BloodBorne IP and assets: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodborne

"The Bloodborne name and franchise is a product of Sony Computer Entertainment and parent company Sony Corportation. This includes all assets including the use of 'name' and technologies associated in the production of Bloodborne"

Do you what that means? That means Sony owns the game and everything used to create it. Ready At Dawn doesn't own the engine made to create The Order: 1886 do they? No they don't say the couldnt use it to make a multiplatform game. 

binary solo said:
However I'm sure From is seriously considering making Dark Souls 3: Modern Warfare to bring that franchise up to the 19th century. Guns = sales, therefore Dark Souls needs guns.

Dark Souls already has mages.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

what about just owning the IP

Kami said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Demon's Souls ran off the Havok engine bro lol From didn't walk away with anything special plus Sony doesn't own the Demon's Souls IP, They alon with Atlus and Namco own it together. Sony paid off SFV so which is a much bigger franchise so why wouldn't the pay off Bloodborne? Lmao where do you come telling me what to do? You want facts? Here you go.

Demons Souls ran off a engine me and you could buy: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=demons%20souls%20engine

"The Bloodborne name and franchise is a product of Sony Computer Entertainment and parent company Sony Corportation. This includes all assets including the use of 'name' and technologies associated in the production of Bloodborne"

Do you what that means? That means Sony owns the game and everything used to create it. Ready At Dawn doesn't own the engine made to create The Order: 1886 do they? No they don't say the couldnt use it to make a multiplatform game. 

Did you really just bring up SFV...Okay i'm gonna educate you one last time then I'm done.  Capcom specifically said they didn't have enough money to make a next gen SF game, their only option was to partner with someone or not make a next gen SF game.  Fromsoftware was easily able to make another game without Sony's help.  

http://gaminrealm.com/2013/10/20/capcom-cant-make-next-gen-fighter/

Again all you had to do was think logically.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Kami said:

Did you really just bring up SFV...Okay i'm gonna educate you one last time then I'm done.  Capcom specifically said they didn't have enough money to make a next gen SF game, their only option was to partner with someone or not make a next gen SF game.  Fromsoftware was easily able to make another game without Sony's help.  

http://gaminrealm.com/2013/10/20/capcom-cant-make-next-gen-fighter/

Again all you had to do was think logically.

You literally just don't get what owning an IP means. Sony owns the game and the engine. From got nothing but money. Believe what you want even though it's wrong lmao. This is coming from the guy who thinks From walked away with the Demons Souls engine when it's an engine anyone can buy xD 

Hidetaka Miyazaki is the genius behind bloodborne/souls. without him, the games are soulless.

What you expected hasn't happened. Besides imagine what could of been, if Sony did not pass up the chance to release demons souls worldwide and thus causing From Software to go with Namco.