By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony devolope Bloodborne 2 by themselfs?

Wouldn't it be a spit in the eye for Xbox users if the next game was Demon's Souls 2?

"No wait, guys, just one more PS exclusive and then you can share Dark Souls 3!"

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

From will make Dark Souls 3 with or without Miyazaki but Bloodborne 2 will be exclusive and with Miyazaki at the helm

I don't see the problem. Even if a spiritual successor is released on the Xbox One simultaneously, the title (like Final Fantasy 0) will be a PS4 system seller. It'd be incredibly cheap for Sony to get another exclusive with the current sales split. Even in the US RPG's/niche titles dominate on the PS4 where both systems are competitive.

In short. Would it really matter? No.

From software is owned by kadokoa corporation (spelling not sure). Buying them wont be easy. Plus with PS4 market share, sonys funding and help is a tempting offer to refuse.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

that's probably just the dev getting better and many would disagree.  Bloodborne is the most critically acclaimed game they've made and they accomplished that on 8th gen which is much more impressive with the standards devs have this gen.

The point is they've proven they can live up to the standard they have set when going multiplat, your concern has no merit.  

and it can come out faster in addition to being better.  Look it's just a question of diverting resources.  Also if Sony is willing to publish again why wouldn't they take the money knowing they'll get a lot of a push from the company (like E3 last year and every show until release).  Sony takes care of them when they're exclusive it would seem.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Kami said:

You do realise that Bloodborne was mainly developed at SCEJ right? In fact Miyazaki for this project was at THEIR studio. If sony themselves started and designed bloodborne by themselves and then brought on 1 team at From Software why would sony give them THEIR engine and assets to a game they own? You do realise from software owns absolutely nothing related to bloodborne? I just find it odd you would say they should have released bloodborne for PS4 and X1 when it's not even their game.

That doesn't prove anything, maybe Fromsoftware went over there to work because it was more productive to work under 1 roof, not seperated and communicate over the phone, if that's even true.  Unless you have any proof saying Sony did a majority of the work your just going off assumptions.

You do realize the lead engine designer Hamatani works at SCEJ right? Yamagiwa and Toriyama the producers aslo work at SCEJ. Bloodborne started in 2012 at SCEJ then sony approached Miyazaki bout developing a new IP simular to the souls series. But again why would sony give from their engine when they own the product? It's ludacris to think this engine ends up making a game for another platform why would sony let that happen?

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

The point is they've proven they can live up to the standard they have set when going multiplat, your concern has no merit.  

and it can come out faster in addition to being better.  Look it's just a question of diverting resources.  Also if Sony is willing to publish again why wouldn't they take the money knowing they'll get a lot of a push from the company (like E3 last year and every show until release).  Sony takes care of them when they're exclusive it would seem.

It isn't obvious?  To release on more systems and sell more.

Kami said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

That doesn't prove anything, maybe Fromsoftware went over there to work because it was more productive to work under 1 roof, not seperated and communicate over the phone, if that's even true.  Unless you have any proof saying Sony did a majority of the work your just going off assumptions.

You do realize the lead engine designer Hamatani works at SCEJ right? Yamagiwa and Toriyama the producers aslo work at SCEJ. Bloodborne started in 2012 at SCEJ then sony approached Miyazaki bout developing a new IP simular to the souls series. But again why would sony give from their engine when they own the product? It's ludacris to think this engine ends up making a game for another platform why would sony let that happen?

This happened with Demon and Dark Souls, I don't get why this is so hard for you to understand...I've already explained the main appeal of Fromsoftware working with Sony is to build an engine they can use for the rest of the gen, without Sony offering this Fromsoftware is better off releasing their game to more gamers.  Now your just going around in circles...

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Kami said:

This happened with Demon and Dark Souls, I don't get why this is so hard for you to understand...I've already explained the main appeal of Fromsoftware working with Sony is to build an engine they can use for the rest of the gen, without Sony offering this Fromsoftware is better off releasing their game to more gamers.  Now your just going around in circles...

But what your not mentioning is how sony never even approached From take make Demons Souls at all. 3 different companies own the Demons Souls IP with SCEJ just happening to be the japanese one but SCEJ did nothing as far as developement. The Bottom line is Sony owns the Bloodborne IP and Assets. The actual appeal in working with From Software is so Sony can have an engine to make future Bloodborne titles for the PS4 not so From can take it and make more multiplat games. Again why do you say Bloodborne is From's game? It's not it's SCEJ games with From as a co developer. 

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Kami said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

But what your not mentioning is how sony never even approached From take make Demons Souls at all. 3 different companies own the Demons Souls IP with SCEJ just happening to be the japanese one but SCEJ did nothing as far as developement. The Bottom line is Sony owns the Bloodborne IP and Assets. The actual appeal in working with From Software is so Sony can have an engine to make future Bloodborne titles for the PS4 not so From can take it and make more multiplat games. Again why do you say Bloodborne is From's game? It's not it's SCEJ games with From as a co developer. 

Your logic makes no sense...the way your saying it is Fromsoftware gets nothing out of this deal, hell they lose millions of sales by not releasing their game on PC and Xbox.  No one in their right mind would take that deal.  Take a step back and think about this logically.