By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony devolope Bloodborne 2 by themselfs?

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Betray Playstation fans?  A "Redborne" would still release on PS4.  You should just be happy more gamers get to enjoy these great games.

This. I like you, guy, wanna be friends? Kingdom Hearts is the shit, by the way.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network

what a disappointment! When I saw "betray us" I expected another author.

Click HERE and be happy 

I think if it came to pc and xbox one that would be awesome for pc and xbox one gamers.

Dont be a spiteful ass.

And? I'm pretty sure that FROM accepted this Bloodborne deal in order for them to have enough resources to make a functional next-gen engine without risking their own money on it, we should be expecting Dark Souls 3 to happen in the next 1 or 2 years thanks to this. Also, I want to see you complain about this sort of practice when we see Platinum using Scalebound's engine and assets to make other games coming to PS4.

I'm now filled with determination.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Kami said:

Demons Souls in my opinion was much better than both DS1 and way better than DS2. I hope Sony keeps the engine and assets so they can't repeat the whole souls series issue. Remaining exclusive will allow them to focus on a btter game like Bloodborne.

There is no chance Fromsoftware is not getting the engine to work on their next game.  The whole point to work with Sony would be to develop an engine they can use for the rest of generation, if they weren't at least gonna get that they could have just released on PS4 and X1 and made more money.

You do realise that Bloodborne was mainly developed at SCEJ right? In fact Miyazaki for this project was at THEIR studio. If sony themselves started and designed bloodborne by themselves and then brought on 1 team at From Software why would sony give them THEIR engine and assets to a game they own? You do realise from software owns absolutely nothing related to bloodborne? I just find it odd you would say they should have released bloodborne for PS4 and X1 when it's not even their game.

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Around the Network

no just no, ND has to do a new IP or TLOU 2 and the rest of sonys studios, well they should make mobil games...

Good question. Was thinking about that one myself.

They probably will develop it by themselves since From Software will probably want to make their own games and take more of the profit.

What Sony could have gotten from the joint venture is valuable knowledge from the master himself.

But...

You simply cant replace Miyazaki...

Therefore, the second coming may be inferior.

Kami said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

There is no chance Fromsoftware is not getting the engine to work on their next game.  The whole point to work with Sony would be to develop an engine they can use for the rest of generation, if they weren't at least gonna get that they could have just released on PS4 and X1 and made more money.

You do realise that Bloodborne was mainly developed at SCEJ right? In fact Miyazaki for this project was at THEIR studio. If sony themselves started and designed bloodborne by themselves and then brought on 1 team at From Software why would sony give them THEIR engine and assets to a game they own? You do realise from software owns absolutely nothing related to bloodborne? I just find it odd you would say they should have released bloodborne for PS4 and X1 when it's not even their game.

That doesn't prove anything, maybe Fromsoftware went over there to work because it was more productive to work under 1 roof, not seperated and communicate over the phone, if that's even true.  Unless you have any proof saying Sony did a majority of the work your just going off assumptions.

Betray? wouldn't the new game still be on PS though?

I think maybe you dont know why the name was changed to dark souls.