By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony devolope Bloodborne 2 by themselfs?

it's not like they can use the Bloodborne trademark/ip as I'm pretty sure Sony own it. besides I'm open to a next gen Souls games, if it's anything like Bloodborne then I'm already hyped!!!

Around the Network

Dark Souls was not a betrayal. SONY didn't think Demon's Souls would be the success that it was so Atlus got publishing rights from SONY for the US and Namco did it for the EU. SONY continued to sit on their assess and then Namco fronted the money to FromSoft for a new game (Dark Souls). At some point SONY finally realized "Yeah.. we goofed. Gotta fix this."

4 ≈ One

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Betray Playstation fans?  A "Redborne" would still release on PS4.  You should just be happy more gamers get to enjoy these great games.

but then they can't concentrate on making it the best game possible and have to devote porting time and not get the financial backing of Sony as publishers

I am Iron Man

"Betray".... hahaha really... these games are made thanks to financing. Sony is the one making sure the game stays exclusive or not. If they stop the financing of the game then it's only natural for From Software to go multi...

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Betray Playstation fans?  A "Redborne" would still release on PS4.  You should just be happy more gamers get to enjoy these great games.

but then they can't concentrate on making it the best game possible and have to devote porting time and not get the financial backing of Sony as publishers

The PS4 and X1 are so similar porting isnt gonna significantly take away from the game.  Anyway last time the game went multiplat I was very pleased with the result, I felt like Dark Souls blew Demon Souls away.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

The PS4 and X1 are so similar porting isnt gonna significantly take away from the game.  Anyway last time the game went multiplat I was very pleased with the result, I felt like Dark Souls blew Demon Souls away.

that's probably just the dev getting better and many would disagree.  Bloodborne is the most critically acclaimed game they've made and they accomplished that on 8th gen which is much more impressive with the standards devs have this gen.

I am Iron Man

I think with the success of Bloodborne, Sony might try to court buying FromSoftware.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

that's probably just the dev getting better and many would disagree.  Bloodborne is the most critically acclaimed game they've made and they accomplished that on 8th gen which is much more impressive with the standards devs have this gen.

The point is they've proven they can live up to the standard they have set when going multiplat, your concern has no merit.  

wouldnt by it if from software wasnt involved

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
wouldnt by it if from software wasnt involved

Because the developers is all that matters, and good games can't stand on their own.

*cough* Killer Instinct *cough*