By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony devolope Bloodborne 2 by themselfs?

theprof00 said:
? Dark souls sold double on ps3 what it did on 360 when it was behind in userbase.
PS4 is now almost double the userbase, with the game not being particularly popular simply genre wise on xbox.

Dark souls 1 sold 1.1m on ps3 and .50 on360 with an install base of 60m+
Is it worth making a game that might now even crack a few hundred thousand units...instead of simply making bloodborne 2?

Demon's souls sold 1.77m.
Dark Souls 1 didn't even reach that in total sales.
And Dark souls 2 was 1.7m

I don't know, does it look worth it to you to make TWO games instead of one that may outsell them?
Exlclusivity does have its perks.

i wasnt talking about whats best for sony but best for us, two souls series would be cool

Around the Network
Ruler said:
theprof00 said:
? Dark souls sold double on ps3 what it did on 360 when it was behind in userbase.
PS4 is now almost double the userbase, with the game not being particularly popular simply genre wise on xbox.

Dark souls 1 sold 1.1m on ps3 and .50 on360 with an install base of 60m+
Is it worth making a game that might now even crack a few hundred thousand units...instead of simply making bloodborne 2?

Demon's souls sold 1.77m.
Dark Souls 1 didn't even reach that in total sales.
And Dark souls 2 was 1.7m

I don't know, does it look worth it to you to make TWO games instead of one that may outsell them?
Exlclusivity does have its perks.

i wasnt talking about whats best for sony but best for us, two souls series would be cool

mmm I'm not talking about what's best for Sony. I'm talking about the msot likely scenario, that x1 isn't judged valuable enough to create an offshoot.

Remember, that it's not like they used demon's souls to create 2 franchises. They didn't make another demon's souls. They used exclusivity for Demon's souls in order to generate demand and hype. Once it caught a following and popularity, they went multiplat. This is the textbook scenario for launching new IPs.

However, that strategy requires a profitable second platform userbase, which going off the sales from demon's souls to dark souls, is probably looking more like a waste of money.

PS: what I was talking about in the rpevious post, was that it wouldn't make sense for FROM to actually go multi, so they would simply follow with another exclusive, thereby negating the need for Sony to make the game.

Soriku said:
TheObserver said:

I linked you to the EXACT part in the video where the guy FLAT OUT SAYS it...

Nowhere does it say Sony came up with the entire concept.

"Usually developers come to us with their ideas to start a new project, Bloodborne was a bit of special case. As we had a strong desire to work with Miyazaki-San, we brought the idea to From Software."

I don't know how he could've said it more blatantly...

Soriku said:
TheObserver said:

I linked you to the EXACT part in the video where the guy FLAT OUT SAYS it...

Nowhere does it say Sony came up with the entire concept.

Then you didn't click the link lol.

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

I hope Sony keep the IP, they have a sleeping gem.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
TheObserver said:

"Usually developers come to us with their ideas to start a new project, Bloodborne was a bit of special case. As we had a strong desire to work with Miyazaki-San, we brought the idea to From Software."

I don't know how he could've said it more blatantly...

They said the brought the idea to work on some kind of (dark and moody) title with From Soft.

Again, nowhere does it say the came up with the entire concept, the themes, the combat, the story, the setting, etc.

No, they didn't say that at all, you just made it up. they said exactly what I quoted.

Soriku said:
TheObserver said:

No, they didn't say that at all, you just made it up. they said exactly what I quoted.

???

I didn't say From said that. But there's not much reason to think they didn't.

So we shouls take your word for what happened, even though you clearly pulled what you're saying out of your ***. And ignore the actual words of the Studio Japan rep who states in no uncertain words that they brought the idea for this game to From Software? The degree to which the idea was developed is irrelevant and we can never know, all we do know is that Studio Japan started the project and brought in Miyazaki to bring itto life.

TheObserver said:

So we shouls take your word for what happened, even though you clearly pulled what you're saying out of your ***. And ignore the actual words of the Studio Japan rep who states in no uncertain words that they brought the idea for this game to From Software? The degree to which the idea was developed is irrelevant and we can never know, all we do know is that Studio Japan started the project and brought in Miyazaki to bring itto life.

Soriku didnt make it up.

Originally Soriku asked for the source in response to the claim: 

"Sony Studio Japan came up with the whole concept like Kami is saying. They came with the whole idea about the setting, with the gothic enverioment, the hunters, the horror theme and the guns. It was only FromSoftware who added the Souls Games mechanics into it."

All the Japan Studio Rep says is that they brought the idea to From. Yoshida then says that the pitch was for a 'dark kind of setup, kind of moody'.  That's it.

If you're responding to the original argument ,then you're really conflating the premise of an 'idea' to a 'whole concept' encompassing environment, characters, and weapons. The initial idea was constructed in late 2012, and the rest of development was from From. You're really discrediting the amount of work From put into this.

Anyone can come up with an idea. Its the developers that bring it to life. The strong team of designers and artists. The team at From.

Exclusive games make everything better. There would be no reason to buy one console over the other if they all had the same games. Sounds like pcs to me and I'm not a pc gamer. I love consoles and I love how I can only play uncharted on ps or halo on xbox. They give me a reason to buy multiple consoles. From software needs to help develop a new bloodborne, not just scej. As far as I'm concerned they can keep dark souls multiplat and the make a BB2 and a demon's souls prequel. Would be sweet. I like demon's souls much more than dark souls. I have never played ds2.