By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony devolope Bloodborne 2 by themselfs?

Roronaa_chan said:
I think Nintendo should buy FROM

Mario skins for Bloodborne

Around the Network

Hardly, the situation is very different this time, From Software had some rough time to publish Dark Souls on Western lands because Sony didn't thought it was up to the taste of those gamers, in the end the game got cult followers and Dark Souls was also a success...

Having now Blooborne one of the best scores and a GREATLY advertised game, From and Sony will keep up the franchise!

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

The souls series is nothing without FROM SOFTWARE.

"Betray" as a word in capitalism industry is like a naive words, money talk here, if the games can have a good impact on PS4 then why would they betray, if Microsoft can pay them with more money why wouldn't they betray SONY. It's just about money.

But on the other topic with your suggestion to let blood borne series develop by Japan Studio only, it's possible but i guess time will tell.

From Software are 3rd party, they can make games for what ever console they want or are paid to make for.

IF Sony indeed own some assets to the game then FromSoftware will either make more games on the PS4 using that engine or spend many years to make another one.

If FromSoftware own all the assets then they will probably make a multiplat next.

I dont think 'betray' is the right word. FromSoftware dont owe Sony anything.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network
Ruler said:

I have the feel Fromsoftware is going to betray us Playstation fans soon. Just like with demon souls who became dark souls, i think fromsoftware will take out the gameplay and setting and make Bloodborne to Redborne or what ever the next game will be called to be released as a multiplat.

Bloodborne seems to be devoloped by sony Japan Studio as well. If they have the assets, the engine and the rights for the name then why shouldnt sony devolope a bloodborne 2 by themselfs? Sony could also just bribe a couple of Fromsoftware devolopers to switch to sony so it keeps the flare of Fromsoftware. And hey what would be wrong with 2 souls franchises?

Whats your opinion?

That only happned because Sony failed to see the potential in the series before.  They won't make that mistake again.  Keep in mind Sony owns both Demon's Souls and Bloodborne too.  Bloodborne is From Software's most successful franchise yet, and they will want to make sequels whether it is exclusive or not.

Also things have changed.  Dark Souls was PS exclusive in Japan anyways, and now the PS4 is dominating in sales.  Much less reason to go multiplat now.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I think a good analogy is with warner brothers and arkham origins. They owned the rights, had experienced developers and had all the assets. Yet the final game was, whilst a fun game, not as ground-breaking as the jump from asylum to city, and was largely overlooked.
Sony Japan may have came up with the concept, but i doubt they can deliver the quality that Miyazaki and his team is capable of.

Anybody else feels demon souls was better than dark souls, I finished demon souls but for some reasons didn't care about dark souls.

Sony owns the IP, they produced the game, if they want to use the IP then they can in another game.
From would have to get Sony's permission, buy the IP from Sony or do like they did with Souls and make a spiritual successor to Bloodborne, with it's own name and make it distinct enough from that IP to be able to release the game as a multiplat.
Sony and From have a great relationship, I'm sure both would be mutually interested in making a sequel if the game sells well and especially after how well the game's been received by reviewers and those that have played it.

As for anyone buying From Software, they're not privately owned, they're actually owned by Kadokawa Dwango, if Kadokawa wanted to sell then they're up for grabs, but I doubt they would.

Ruler said:

I have the feel Fromsoftware is going to betray us Playstation fans soon. Just like with demon souls who became dark souls, i think fromsoftware will take out the gameplay and setting and make Bloodborne to Redborne or what ever the next game will be called to be released as a multiplat.

Bloodborne seems to be devoloped by sony Japan Studio as well. If they have the assets, the engine and the rights for the name then why shouldnt sony devolope a bloodborne 2 by themselfs? Sony could also just bribe a couple of Fromsoftware devolopers to switch to sony so it keeps the flare of Fromsoftware. And hey what would be wrong with 2 souls franchises?

Whats your opinion?

You gots to chill man. Bloodborne happened exactly because Miyazaki san didn't want to continue rehashing another Souls game. Sony's got the A team locked, Bloodborne is both a critical and commercial success. Sony will not only hire them again but let them do whatever they want with their next project.

Therefore it's possible the next game might not be called Bloodborne 2 but rather another game with the same but more refined aesthetics and gameplay. After all they didn't went on to make a Demon's Souls 2.

The only reason Dark Souls went multiplat is because Yoshida didnt believe in Demons Souls.