By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony devolope Bloodborne 2 by themselfs?

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Kami said:

Demon's Souls ran off the Havok engine bro lol From didn't walk away with anything special plus Sony doesn't own the Demon's Souls IP, They alon with Atlus and Namco own it together. Sony paid off SFV so which is a much bigger franchise so why wouldn't the pay off Bloodborne? Lmao where do you come telling me what to do? You want facts? Here you go.

Demons Souls ran off a engine me and you could buy: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=demons%20souls%20engine

Sony owns the BloodBorne IP and assets: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodborne

"The Bloodborne name and franchise is a product of Sony Computer Entertainment and parent company Sony Corportation. This includes all assets including the use of 'name' and technologies associated in the production of Bloodborne"

Do you what that means? That means Sony owns the game and everything used to create it. Ready At Dawn doesn't own the engine made to create The Order: 1886 do they? No they don't say the couldnt use it to make a multiplatform game. 

Did you really just bring up SFV...Okay i'm gonna educate you one last time then I'm done.  Capcom specifically said they didn't have enough money to make a next gen SF game, their only option was to partner with someone or not make a next gen SF game.  Fromsoftware was easily able to make another game without Sony's help.  

http://gaminrealm.com/2013/10/20/capcom-cant-make-next-gen-fighter/

Again all you had to do was think logically.

He gave you proof and you just link a site that says capcom is broke.

Around the Network

Hell no! No one can replace FromSoftware!!! I do not care when the next FromSoftware game will also release on Xbox One as long as the quality is just as good.

Kami said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Lol like Sony is gonna pay for 2+ million game sales.  If Sony was gonna go that they would have secured bigger exclusives like FFXV or MGSV, again think about this logically.  From walked away with the engine the first time.  I don't want another response of you posting your assumptions as facts, if you don't have any sources to back up what your saying don't bother responding. 

Demon's Souls ran off the Havok engine bro lol From didn't walk away with anything special plus Sony doesn't own the Demon's Souls IP, They alon with Atlus and Namco own it together. Sony paid off SFV so which is a much bigger franchise so why wouldn't the pay off Bloodborne? Lmao where do you come telling me what to do? You want facts? Here you go.

Demons Souls ran off a engine me and you could buy: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=demons%20souls%20engine

Sony owns the BloodBorne IP and assets: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodborne

"The Bloodborne name and franchise is a product of Sony Computer Entertainment and parent company Sony Corportation. This includes all assets including the use of 'name' and technologies associated in the production of Bloodborne"

Do you what that means? That means Sony owns the game and everything used to create it. Ready At Dawn doesn't own the engine made to create The Order: 1886 do they? No they don't say the couldnt use it to make a multiplatform game. 

Sony do in fact own the Demon's Souls IP, it's just that third party publishers licensed it from Sony, Atlus in North America and Namco Bandai in Europe. Source: Sony Talks The Last Guardian, Demon's Souls, And The Vita Launch.

On the other hand From Software doesn't like multiplatform developing, but Namco Bandai who owns Dark Souls wanted the game on every console specially giving how strong was the 360 in NA, and then the game really caught the attention of PC gamers that clamoured for it and of course Namco Bandai obliged.

However I read that that From Software particularly hated developing for PC, so it's not completely unreasonable that they'll go back to developing exclusively for PlayStation specially now with how successful the PS4 is. I do think we should see Dark Souls 3 at least, multiplatform of course.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Kami said:

But what your not mentioning is how sony never even approached From take make Demons Souls at all. 3 different companies own the Demons Souls IP with SCEJ just happening to be the japanese one but SCEJ did nothing as far as developement. The Bottom line is Sony owns the Bloodborne IP and Assets. The actual appeal in working with From Software is so Sony can have an engine to make future Bloodborne titles for the PS4 not so From can take it and make more multiplat games. Again why do you say Bloodborne is From's game? It's not it's SCEJ games with From as a co developer. 

Your logic makes no sense...the way your saying it is Fromsoftware gets nothing out of this deal, hell they lose millions of sales by not releasing their game on PC and Xbox.  No one in their right mind would take that deal.  Take a step back and think about this logically. 

Actually you're the one that doesn't make sense, of course From Software gets something out of it, a ton of money for developing the games. They don't lose millions of sales by not releasing their game on PC and Xbox, because that's not their problem, they're a developer not a publisher.

Sony is the publisher here and they would gladly lose the sales on PC and Xbox.

Umm no they shouldn't, FROM are the reasons these games are good, Sony probably didn't even do much, maybe write the script or funded it. There in no way in the league of what FROM can do.

OP is so off, From never betrayed Sony or Sony fans, it was Sony who betrayed From and Sony fans, by saying demosn souls was a turd and not releasing it outside of Japan, forcing From to find other publishers to do it.

Sony only realised thier mistake after Dark souls, thankfully theyve managed to get From back on side.

Edit:

So i disagree whole completley and no Sony should not betray From again, by taking Bloodborne from them. 

Around the Network

who cares if bloodborne goes multiplat in 6 months or so? if it helps the dev to fund more projects then go for it. ps4 got it first, that's all that matters.

Xenostar said:

OP is so off, From never betrayed Sony or Sony fans, it was Sony who betrayed From and Sony fans, by saying demosn souls was a turd and not releasing it outside of Japan, forcing From to find other publishers to do it.

Sony only realised thier mistake after Dark souls, thankfully theyve managed to get From back on side.

Edit:

So i disagree whole completley and no Sony should not betray From again, by taking Bloodborne from them. 

Sony funded Demon Souls, without them From Software wouldnt be what they are today because the souls games roots started as a playstatione exclusives.

And yes a lot of people bought demon souls also because it was an exclusives, and we are talking about 2009 when this game came out. Playstation 3 had only MGS4 and demons souls as worthy titles at that time until uncharted 2 and god of war 3 came out and changed the ties.

Sony can't make a game like this on their own. If so they would not have brought them in the first or second time. From could put some of the things from bloodborne into their next souls game and no one could do nothing about it. So I will get Bloodborne when I get a ps4 but I will also get their next souls game.

Dark Souls going multiplat was all on Sony, they didn't realize the importance of these games until it was too late.
Miyazaki has said he doesn't like making direct sequels, something most publishers frown upon. Sony is pretty cool with letting developers try out new IPs, so I'm pretty sure they'll just give Miyazaki money to make whatever he wants to next. Capcom on the other hand will want another Dark Souls sequel which will be left to B-team.

siavm said:
Sony can't make a game like this on their own. If so they would not have brought them in the first or second time. From could put some of the things from bloodborne into their next souls game and no one could do nothing about it. So I will get Bloodborne when I get a ps4 but I will also get their next souls game.

Sony Studio Japan came up with the whole concept like Kami is saying. They came with the whole idea about the setting, with the gothic enverioment, the hunters, the horror theme and the guns. It was only FromSoftware who added the Souls Games mechanics into it.