By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How will the Xenoblade games rank in lifetime sales?

?

XBC > XBC 3D > XCX 21 9.91%

XBC > XCX > XBC 3D 25 11.79%

XBC 3D > XBC > XCX 12 5.66%

XBC 3D > XCX > XBC 35 16.51%

XCX > XBC > XBC 3D 44 20.75%

XCX > XBC 3D > XBC 75 35.38%

Total:212

X will probably sell the most.
It's a toss up between the original and 3D, I'd say the original will sell better.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
curl-6 said:

I find it hard to believe XCX and XBC 3D won't outsell the Wii original.

There was just so much working against the Wii release; it was an unproven IP, it released late in the West, it arrived in the Wii's twilight years, it was heavily pirated, it had a limited run in North America, etc.

The newer games not only have a chance to avoid all these pitfalls, but will also benefit from digital sales and the promotion of the series in the recent Smash Bros.

1. Many IPs start out as unproven so this works against just about every other first game in the franchise ... 

2. Releasing late in other territories isn't an excuse seeing as how no next gen consoles were released at the time ... 

3. You might have a point there since the software output was paltry at the time ...

4. The people that had pirated it never intended to get it in the first so there was hardly any lost sales ...

5. It also had reprints ... 

There's a lot less handicaps than you think ... 

- Gamers prefer to stick with familiar brands, unless a publisher pumps hundreds of millions of dollars on mass advertising to get a new IP off the ground by sheer brute force.

- Many NA Wii gamers gave up hope and pirated it, thinking it would never come. They would have bought it if it had released on time.

- Reprints were still insufficient, as shown by the insane price that used copies command.

curl-6 said:

- Gamers prefer to stick with familiar brands, unless a publisher pumps hundreds of millions of dollars on mass advertising to get a new IP off the ground by sheer brute force.

- Many NA Wii gamers gave up hope and pirated it, thinking it would never come. They would have bought it if it had released on time.

- Reprints were still insufficient, as shown by the insane price that used copies command.

1. Going by that dogma meant that Uncharted, Gears of War, Dragon Age, The Witcher, Bioshock, Call of Duty, Borderlands, and Grand Theft Auto would've never succeeded since their first iteration weren't able to work with anywhere near a hundred million ...

2. I doubt many would have pirated the Japanese version since a language barrier is in place to keep them from been able to enjoy it. Along with that many lack the technical skills to be able to apply the exploits to their devices so those were a vast minority and North America only had to wait for 2 more months after it's European release to get an announcement that it was officially coming to their territory so your allegations of piracy having an extremely damaging effect on Xenoblade's software sales in NA are void ... 

3. You can get copies cheaper on eBay, Gamestop just doesn't know when to keep their own greedy paws to themselves ...

XC>XCX>XC3D

The original will sell the best. The Wii U hasn't sold enough to make it outsell the original (though it will in the US and maybe Europe, not Japan). XC3D is only avaliable on the New 3DS which automatically stunts how well it can sell, and reviews pending it will probably be the worst selling of the three (perhaps again selling more in the US).

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

curl-6 said:

1. Going by that dogma meant that Uncharted, Gears of War, Dragon Age, The Witcher, Bioshock, Call of Duty, Borderlands, and Grand Theft Auto would've never succeeded since their first iteration weren't able to work with anywhere near a hundred million ...

2. I doubt many would have pirated the Japanese version since a language barrier is in place to keep them from been able to enjoy it. Along with that many lack the technical skills to be able to apply the exploits to their devices so those were a vast minority and North America only had to wait for 2 more months after it's European release to get an announcement that it was officially coming to their territory so your allegations of piracy having an extremely damaging effect on Xenoblade's software sales in NA are void ... 

3. You can get copies cheaper on eBay, Gamestop just doesn't know when to keep their own greedy paws to themselves ...

Nintendo gamers are less likely to try new ips than Sony gamers.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Not trying to jump in this entire argument, but wanted to point this one thing out^ Thats just now. Within the first year/year and a half you couldnt get it cheap at all. Nowhere. Metroid Trilogy and XC were nowhere to be seen under $100 for awhile :0

Samus Aran said:

Most of the games I listed were third party ... 

Samus Aran said:

Most of the games I listed were third party ... 

Doesn't change what I said in the slightest.

XCX > XBC > XBC 3D

Samus Aran said:

Doesn't change what I said in the slightest.

It kinda does ... 

Sony gamers aren't the only ones to chime in, the same could be said of Microsoft gamers and they were the reason Gears of War was able to take off ...