By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ready At Dawn didn't make any mistakes with The Order

jlmurph2 said:
thedawghousev2 said:

are you talking about it's japan sales?

Worldwide

ah, this is pretty awkward

Around the Network
siavm said:
0815user said:

RAD also deserves some extra credit for releasing a game that actually works. Isn't the norm these days.

Releasing the game with no bugs is not extra credit worthy. That should be expected. Most of the games I play need no patch to enjoy. 

That is definately true.... but some games that have a massive amount of bugs are not necessarily punished for it... I mean AC unity being a perfect example.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

This will be the most traded in game of the year besides fifa and madden

RolStoppable said:
I expect Ready at Dawn to get shut down by June.

That's a little out of order wouldn't you say?

RolStoppable said:
I expect Ready at Dawn to get shut down by June.

Lol How do you get away with all the blasphemous things you say?

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
they made the mistake of going the cinematic route that they did

No, they wanted to make it cinematic and they did what they wanted, you might not like but there is a shit ton of cinematic games out there and there is people that loves them, its their game and theirs decision, there is no mistake here.

It's like someone else Uwe Boll comparison. Just because you envision something,doesn't mean its not a mistake at the end of the day

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Euphoria14 said:
vivster said:

How is it a mistake if they wanted to go that route?

Or are you talking mistake in a business sense?

In the world of gaming you are shunned for trying to do something drastically different from the norm or doing something that the hardcore community dislikes.

They chose to go with QTEs and plenty of cinematics. Big mistake if they were looking for critic love.

No word on commercial love yet, but I think it will be recieved much better than critics thought of it, just like how Destiny was. How many times did we hear that Destiny was trash, had no content, sales would drop like a rock, etc... only to see it still doing well and being enjoyed by millions?

Not saying The Order will have THAT kind of commercial success, but it shows that the hardcore gaming community opinions don't normally reflect reality. Heck, how many times do you see people saying CoD is trash?

A+ post. The gaming community has very specific taste. If you are outside of that you are shunned. Issue is community has a exaggerated sense of importance seeing that a vast majority of sales come from people who don't spend their time on gaming sites and forums. This.is why so many gamers hated the Wii. No mater how hard they tried to dismiss it and no matter what the critics said it just sold and sold.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

It's good that they were able to make the game they wanted to make, but if other people think about that game in the same way as they do is up for discussion.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

PwerlvlAmy said:
thedawghousev2 said:

lol nobody cares about reviews other than the people on these forums

Not true.  I've been goign to IGN/Kotaku/Gamespot and a few other websites and people are seeing the review scores and passing on the game.

Same with  people on facebook groups I'm in. Most of them are passing up on the game and are waiting for a $30 price drop before getting it due to the review scores.

He is kind of right though....nobody REALLY cares about reviews outside of normal video game forum dwellers. Because if they did some games(Metal Gear Solid 4, Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, Uncharted 2, Mass Effect, The Last of Us etc) would have a LOT more sales. While others games(COD being the biggest offender in my head lol) would have sold a lot less.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:

He is kind of right though....nobody REALLY cares about reviews outside of normal video game forum dwellers. Because if they did some games(Metal Gear Solid 4, Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, Uncharted 2, Mass Effect, The Last of Us etc) would have a LOT more sales. While others games(COD being the biggest offender in my head lol) would have sold a lot less.

We shall ahve to agree to disagree

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick