By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ready At Dawn didn't make any mistakes with The Order

spemanig said:
They promised a good story with deep, compelling characters, and they failed at that. Don't insult the opinions of reviewers by acting like it's just an issue of gameplay tastes. Even if The Order was a movie, it wouldn't have been good. That's it's biggest problem, and that's why its scores are so low.

Outside of the 20/100 I don't think the reviewers opinion should be insulted at all. It's not like it is reviewing terribly. It has only a few "bad" scores. It is an almost equal mix of "positive" and "mixed" opinions, which should be 100% expected for a game like this.

It is clearly a game that had great potential that just didn't quite become what it set out to be. My only concern is being left with the storyline disappointing me with how it finishes out and wondering how long, if ever, that I will be able to continue it. I hate games with anything resembling a cliff hanger since the wait tends to be years and years and to me that is not acceptable.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
vivster said:

With which I mean that the game is exactly how they envisioned it.

I'm seeing people mentioning how RAD can now learn from their mistakes. The problem is they didn't make any with their game. Their biggest mistake was not pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Maybe they're not as talented when it comes to actual game design, but I honestly believe that The Order is a game they wholeheartedly embrace and came out exactly how they wanted and that they're really proud of the result.

The fact that it's not up to snuff for a lot of people or maybe too short and not innovative enough or too expensive doesn't really matter. I mean there are a lot of niche titles and genres that generally get bad ratings because they're not the next TLOU. Yes, I'm looking at you Dynasty Warriors.

I'm not saying The Order is a good game or should only be rated by the standard it set itself. I'm saying that the game is exactly what was envisioned and advertised. So there is no real need to defend or attack RAD or the reviewers. They all did their Job and this is the (expected) outcome.

Actually we should ask ourselves: When was the last time a game actually delivered on what it promised to be?

Feel free to point me to interviews where they promised something they didn't deliver. I might take back what I said then.

What about the story?

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

i think the problem with the order is that they made an all round good experience, but not a good game.

Right off the top of my head from watching reviews I can already point out ten simple ways they could have made the game much much better.

Ah well, its not worth $60 for me tho, so I'll wait till I can pick it up on psn for under $40 then buy it, still wanna make sure devs get some money which is why I never buy used.

CosmicSex said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Once again, just because you envision something and want to make something, that doesn't mean its not a mistake at the end of the day. You don't get pass just because of your ''vision'' on something. 

Once again like someone stated with Uwe Boll. He envisions many things with his movies and they usually end up like duds. Does this mean he makes zero mistakes too since hes just doing what he envisioned?

No.  You misunderstand.  Regardless of whether people like it or not, they didn't make any mistakes in what they were trying to do.  They made exactly what they wanted to make.  We then come in and judge their work as worthy or not, but at the end of the day, the game wasn't a mistake or an accident.  It was a project that they worked hard on.  Now, they are free to take a look at comments and decide if they want to make the next version the same way or modify it, but either way, its  not a mistake.  Please tell me you understand.  Please.  I can explain it a difrenent way. 

It still doesn't make sense to me. So were at a standstill lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

It's exactly as advertised (with the exception of the mediocre story), but the price is still too high. When they charge $60, people expect $60 worth of content. Getting some software that is in many ways more movie than game with no multiplayer for replayability at that price is highway robbery, and in some ways essentially the same as misleading consumers.

If it was much cheaper, people would be fine with what it is. Right now, though, the amount of content comes nowhere near justifying the price.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Outside of the 20/100 I don't think the reviewers opinion should be insulted at all. It's not like it is reviewing terribly. It has only a few "bad" scores. It is an almost equal mix of "positive" and "mixed" opinions, which should be 100% expected for a game like this.

It is clearly a game that had great potential that just didn't quite become what it set out to be. My only concern is being left with the storyline disappointing me with how it finishes out and wondering how long, if ever, that I will be able to continue it. I hate games with anything resembling a cliff hanger since the wait tends to be years and years and to me that is not acceptable.

I do think that that anything below a 5/10 is pretty stupid, and even a 5 is a lot lower than what I would personally rate it. I think most scores are low though. I've only seen a handfull of positive reviews with the average review agreeing with me, saying it's disappointing at what it sets out to do.

Have you finished it? I wouldn't call the ending a cliff hanger, personally. It ends pretty conclusively, which kind of makes it worse, because I completely see the line of thought in considering it a cliff hanger anyway.

VanceIX said:

It's exactly as advertised (with the exception of the mediocre story), but the price is still too high. When they charge $60, people expect $60 worth of content. Getting some software that is in many ways more movie than game with no multiplayer for replayability at that price is highway robbery, and in some ways essentially the same as misleading consumers.

If it was much cheaper, people would be fine with what it is. Right now, though, the amount of content comes nowhere near justifying the price.

Why not let the consumers determine what's good value or not ? 

spemanig said:
Euphoria14 said:

I do think that that anything below a 5/10 is pretty stupid, and even a 5 is a lot lower than what I would personally rate it. I think most scores are low though. I've only seen a handfull of positive reviews with the average review agreeing with me, saying it's disappointing at what it sets out to do.

Have you finished it? I wouldn't call the ending a cliff hanger, personally. It ends pretty conclusively, which kind of makes it worse, because I completely see the line of thought in considering it a cliff hanger anyway.

I don't pick it up until tomorrow after I get out of work. It is going to my be my weekend game.

The fact that you say it is conclusive makes me feel a lot better. I am a horror/thriller junkie and have enjoyed my fair share of disappointing storylines, so this won't be anything new for me. Excited to play it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

VanceIX said:

In no way is it that, get of your high horse buddy and ger real.

Euphoria14 said:

I don't pick it up until tomorrow after I get out of work. It is going to my be my weekend game.

The fact that you say it is conclusive makes me feel a lot better. I am a horror/thriller junkie and have enjoyed my fair share of disappointing storylines, so this won't be anything new for me. Excited to play it.

Lol, good luck then.