By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ready At Dawn didn't make any mistakes with The Order

PwerlvlAmy said:
thedawghousev2 said:

lol nobody cares about reviews other than the people on these forums

Not true.  I've been goign to IGN/Kotaku/Gamespot and a few other websites and people are seeing the review scores and passing on the game.

Same with  people on facebook groups I'm in. Most of them are passing up on the game and are waiting for a $30 price drop before getting it due to the review scores.

Well thats the thing. Those people are the vocal minority.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
they made the mistake of going the cinematic route that they did

No.  That is the type of game they wanted to make.  I think people should be allowed to make the game they want.  If the game isn't broken, and it does what it says it will do, why should it be punished for not being something else.  Should every third person shooter be Gears to be valid?  The thing that bothers me about the review process is that games that people really don't like like Evolve are being celebrated as what a game "should be".  And I find it disturbing because I believe that our folks are trying to tell us what we should like.   Evolve is the first game where people basically said "HELL NO" to the media mind share.

CosmicSex said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
they made the mistake of going the cinematic route that they did

No.  That is the type of game they wanted to make.  I think people should be allowed to make the game they want.  If the game isn't broken, and it does what it says it will do, why should it be punished for not being something else.  Should every third person shooter be Gears to be valid?  The thing that bothers me about the review process is that games that people really don't like like Evolve are being celebrated as what a game "should be".  And I find it disturbing because I believe that our folks are trying to tell us what we should like.   Evolve is the first game where people basically said "HELL NO" to the media mind share.

Once again, just because you envision something and want to make something, that doesn't mean its not a mistake at the end of the day. You don't get pass just because of your ''vision'' on something. 

Once again like someone stated with Uwe Boll. He envisions many things with his movies and they usually end up like duds. Does this mean he makes zero mistakes too since hes just doing what he envisioned?

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

bigjon said:
Euphoria14 said:

In the world of gaming you are shunned for trying to do something drastically different from the norm or doing something that the hardcore community dislikes.

They chose to go with QTEs and plenty of cinematics. Big mistake if they were looking for critic love.

No word on commercial love yet, but I think it will be recieved much better than critics thought of it, just like how Destiny was. How many times did we hear that Destiny was trash, had no content, sales would drop like a rock, etc... only to see it still doing well and being enjoyed by millions?

Not saying The Order will have THAT kind of commercial success, but it shows that the hardcore gaming community opinions don't normally reflect reality. Heck, how many times do you see people saying CoD is trash?

A+ post. The gaming community has very specific taste. If you are outside of that you are shunned. Issue is community has a exaggerated sense of importance seeing that a vast majority of sales come from people who don't spend their time on gaming sites and forums. This.is why so many gamers hated the Wii. No mater how hard they tried to dismiss it and no matter what the critics said it just sold and sold.

Depends on the forums you frequent as well. For example here at VGChartz it is very difficult to even try to talk about gaming on mobiles without getting a bunch of "Ughh, mobile" styled posts. Actually forget "very difficult", it's almost downright impossible to have a good mobile gaming discussion around here.

For all the flack it gets around here NEOGaf is a fantastic place to talk about those types of games.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

They promised a good story with deep, compelling characters, and they failed at that. Don't insult the opinions of reviewers by acting like it's just an issue of gameplay tastes. Even if The Order was a movie, it wouldn't have been good. That's it's biggest problem, and that's why its scores are so low.

Around the Network

Well, if the devs made what they were aiming for, then I don`t think I would consider they made any mistakes. As for the business aspect, that`s a different story. It`s hard to say anymore when the game just came out and I won`t be playing it.

As for the question of the thread, not sure which game to answer with. Most of the games I liked didn`t promise anything big and innovative, but were just new, fun looking games. I guess I would say Smash Bros Wii U/3DS delivered on a better online experience. : P

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

spemanig said:
They promised a good story with deep, compelling characters, and they failed at that. Don't insult the opinions of reviewers by acting like it's just an issue of gameplay tastes. Even if The Order was a movie, it wouldn't have been good. That's it's biggest problem, and that's why its scores are so low.

Indeed that's why the scores are low. It's not just by mere coincidence. 

I'll see how accurate and inaccurate they are early next week when I get the game from newegg.

Interesting times await

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

sundin13 said:
I dunno...from a few reviews and opinions it sounded a bit half baked and rushed in a lot of areas, including the story telling which was loose and had dropped plot threads everywhere, in addition to the copy/paste final boss. I think that with more time, they could have at least ironed out those kinks, although I think they would still be quite far from a good game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMdmkhAwIKM#t=66

Found it.

DW is also popular because people's interest in 三国演义

PwerlvlAmy said:
CosmicSex said:

Once again, just because you envision something and want to make something, that doesn't mean its not a mistake at the end of the day. You don't get pass just because of your ''vision'' on something. 

Once again like someone stated with Uwe Boll. He envisions many things with his movies and they usually end up like duds. Does this mean he makes zero mistakes too since hes just doing what he envisioned?

No.  You misunderstand.  Regardless of whether people like it or not, they didn't make any mistakes in what they were trying to do.  They made exactly what they wanted to make.  We then come in and judge their work as worthy or not, but at the end of the day, the game wasn't a mistake or an accident.  It was a project that they worked hard on.  Now, they are free to take a look at comments and decide if they want to make the next version the same way or modify it, but either way, its  not a mistake.  Please tell me you understand.  Please.  I can explain it a difrenent way.