By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ready At Dawn didn't make any mistakes with The Order

vivster said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
they made the mistake of going the cinematic route that they did

How is it a mistake if they wanted to go that route?

Or are you talking mistake in a business sense?

In the world of gaming you are shunned for trying to do something drastically different from the norm or doing something that the hardcore community dislikes.

They chose to go with QTEs and plenty of cinematics. Big mistake if they were looking for critic love.

No word on commercial love yet, but I think it will be recieved much better than critics thought of it, just like how Destiny was. How many times did we hear that Destiny was trash, had no content, sales would drop like a rock, etc... only to see it still doing well and being enjoyed by millions?

Not saying The Order will have THAT kind of commercial success, but it shows that the hardcore gaming community opinions don't normally reflect reality. Heck, how many times do you see people saying CoD is trash?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
thedawghousev2 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
thedawghousev2 said:

lol nobody cares about reviews other than the people on these forums

Not true.  I've been goign to IGN/Kotaku/Gamespot and a few other websites and people are seeing the review scores and passing on the game.

Same with  people on facebook groups I'm in. Most of them are passing up on the game and are waiting for a $30 price drop before getting it due to the review scores.

my bad, nobody cares about reviews except hardcore gamers on the internet. game will sell 3+ million if not 4+ million.

How are you still predicting the same sales numbers if your metacritic prediction was way off? Regular people pay attention to reviews too when it comes to word of mouth. Most if they hear a game isn't good then that's it, they won't buy it. That's what legs come from.

pretty sure a prediction for the metacritic score of a game is a lot different than predicting the sales of game. many people bought driveclub, killzone, and a decent amount of people bought knack. they all reviewed horribly. everyone i know who has actually played driveclub and knack like the game. everyone other than reviewers who has played the order has liked the game.

vivster said:

Feel free to point me to interviews where they promised something they didn't deliver. I might take back what I said then.

A lot of the older sequels and remakes using Pac-Man... while they were changing the core fundamentals of the game -- there was an action-adventure Pac-Man, and a 3D version of Pac-Man -- they were straying away from the fundamentals of what made Pac-Man so great.

What we wanted to do in The Order: 1886 was to get rid of all of that, and take it back to the roots of what makes Pac-Man fun and compelling and an entertaining experience. From that starting point, we created a new Pac-Man, as opposed to just taking it to a different world or gaming experience.

From this interview with somebody who (probably) works for Ready At Dawn.

thedawghousev2 said:
jlmurph2 said:

How are you still predicting the same sales numbers if your metacritic prediction was way off? Regular people pay attention to reviews too when it comes to word of mouth. Most if they hear a game isn't good then that's it, they won't buy it. That's what legs come from.

pretty sure a prediction for the metacritic score of a game is a lot different than predicting the sales of game. many people bought driveclub, killzone, and a decent amount of people bought knack. they all reviewed horribly. everyone i know who has actually played driveclub and knack like the game. everyone other than reviewers who has played the order has liked the game.

You mentioned some heavily bundled games. If it does sell that much that'll be why.

Something is for sure, teens and pre-teens are going to buy this game, a lot! The graphics are amazing and that's what they love.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
Something is for sure, teens and pre-teens are going to buy this game, a lot! The graphics are amazing and that's what they love.

Agreed. That has always been the case and will continue to be.

Graphics sell. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

jlmurph2 said:
thedawghousev2 said:

You mentioned some heavily bundled games. If it does sell that much that'll be why.

wasn't knack only bundled in japan? if so then that game is close to a million and a million for a platformer as a launch title that recieved nothing but shit is pretty impressive. the order will sell great without bundles.

thedawghousev2 said:
jlmurph2 said:

wasn't knack only bundled in japan? if so then that game is close to a million and a million for a platformer as a launch title that recieved nothing but shit is pretty impressive. the order will sell great without bundles.

Yeah, almost half its sales were bundles.

jlmurph2 said:
thedawghousev2 said:

are you talking about it's japan sales?

thedawghousev2 said:
jlmurph2 said:

are you talking about it's japan sales?

Worldwide