By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rayman DLC in Smash 4? EDIT: DEBUNKED!

Tagged games:

Dario80 said:
only if that leads to ubisoft supporting nintendo platforms with non-shovelware games.

The deal was Nintendo would put Rayman in Smash if Ubisoft stopped publishing Wii U games.

Around the Network

That video is pretty convincing proof. Will be interesting to see what his moveset is like.

Hiku said:
sundin13 said:

Wasn't it already confirmed that Mewtwo would be the only DLC? It looks good but I'm going to stay cautious...

Also, they use the exact same model for all three Rayman pics...

No.

While his words weren't as strong as I remembered, as of November 2014, Sakurai stated that they were not, and were not planning on working on any paid Smash DLC. Things could obviously change, but this is what I was referring to:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/nov/19/mewtwo-may-be-only-dlc-character-sakurai-says-nintendo-not-working-any-paid-dlc-super-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-moment/

I'm such a Rayman fan that this increases my hype.

that's a good addition. Now Sora, Bayonetta, and some of the old characters should make it in.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

well, im pretty sure its not a fake. looks realy good.

the only thing the video proves is that it is fake.

When a video doesnt show any ACTUAL footage then it has got to be fake... although we all said the same thing with the Duck Hunt Duo leaks.

But honestly I think it is fake, Nintendo doesnt owe Ubisoft anything so they have no reason to promote Rayman.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Maraccuda said:
When a video doesnt show any ACTUAL footage then it has got to be fake...

the current theory with that is that the leaker just has un-released firmware displaying the DLC characters on the CSS.  if you listen around 0:13 in that video you can hear the same sound that plays when you try to select DLC characters you don't have in MK 8.  so if that's true then he wouldn't be able to show gameplay even if he wanted to since he doesn't actually have the characters.

the video has made this almost certainly true imo.  the only step left to seal the deal here is gameplay footage. 

also kind of off-topic but:

Megaoverlord12 said:

To the first point, don't believe everything Sakurai says. He said Melee was going to be the last Smash, which he said again after finishing Brawl.

this has got to be one of the most mis-quoted developer quotes ever.  Sakurai has said that he makes every Smash title with the mindset that it is the last one.  he's never said anything about the Smash series ending.  and there's no way Nintendo will ever end it, even if Smash 4 is Sakurai's last Smash game (which imo could be likely) they'll just pick someone else up to head it. 

RolStoppable said:
Hiku said:

(...) And there is already a Rayman trophy in the game, so it makes sense.

Why in the world is there a Rayman trophy? What does its in-game description say?

Why wouldn't there be?

Rayman 2 and 3 came out first on Nintendo consoles and then the Rayman Raving Rabbids series, which is exclusive to Nintendo (except one), has been very popular.