By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rayman DLC in Smash 4? EDIT: DEBUNKED!

Tagged games:

oniyide said:
Kuksenkov said:
Hopefully not. Nintendo shouldn't promote anything Ubisoft related anymore.

if the trophy is in the game why does it matter at this point?

Trophy is nowhere near a big deal though^^^

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
oniyide said:

I think its hilarious! Some of these guys are so emotionally attached they just say whatever. "Ninty shouldnt promote Rayman!" Because there are no Rayman games on Ninty consoles. Right. "Why is Ninty helping Ubi?" Yeah because Ubi needs Ninty's help. LOL They dont, not even with Rayman since that series(Rayman proper) does best on Sony platforms anyway.

Maybe Ninty wants him in cause they want him in. Anyone ever thought about that?

I really doubt Nintendo asked Ubisoft to put someone as Rayman in.
They should ask who ever owns Crash to put him in lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYrYSWxDf7o

That would cause outrage I want to see. Plus it would mock a cocky platforming character (Crash).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYrYSWxDf7o

what difference does it make who asked who? If its true

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:

if the trophy is in the game why does it matter at this point?

but why is it a big deal at all? thats my question

DAXFM said:

This is real, but i prefer to Crash or Bomberman!

those two are even less relevant

Dario80 said:
only if that leads to ubisoft supporting nintendo platforms with non-shovelware games.

None of their games sold well on the Wii U with the exception of ZombiU. (Which even then still hasn't hit 1 million, only 800k.)

So why would they do that. You can't use the logic of "Sure, but they need to bring more third party games" if the third party games they did bring before, nobody even bought.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
tbone51 said:

Are you talking about promoting Ubisoft? It does but it'll be just a little. Not a big deal imo. Of course that said there are dozens of better characters to pick from than this third party one. Why put rayman in when we are missing Nintendo potential characters?

Thats where the big deal lies :0

oniyide said:
DAXFM said:

This is real, but i prefer to Crash or Bomberman!

those two are even less relevant

You dont know how wrong you are for Bomberman, Crash is more of a fan thing whch doesn't deserve to be in this game.

I hope this isn't true, idk why but including Rayman devalues the game, I know that's a weird statement but that's just how I feel. There were other more iconic and deserving characters to be included before that thing.

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:

Are you talking about promoting Ubisoft? It does but it'll be just a little. Not a big deal imo. Of course that said there are dozens of better characters to pick from than this third party one. Why put rayman in when we are missing Nintendo potential characters?

I would hardly call one character out of like 30? promotion. Its not like there is a new Rayman game coming out and thats not really promoting Ubisoft itself. Thats one IP out of the dozens they have. And IMHO most of the people could care which character belongs to which publisher if they even KNOW about it. It's DLC, there is no gaurantee that Rayman had not been in there would be someone else, but its vice versa also i guess.

oniyide said:
tbone51 said:

I would hardly call one character out of like 30? promotion. Its not like there is a new Rayman game coming out and thats not really promoting Ubisoft itself. Thats one IP out of the dozens they have. And IMHO most of the people could care which character belongs to which publisher if they even KNOW about it. It's DLC, there is no gaurantee that Rayman had not been in there would be someone else, but its vice versa also i guess.

1 of 50+ characters :)

Im not saying it like that. Im just saying it gives an IP more focus if they never seen the character before. This has been done in the past SSB games, especially with characters from smaller franchises. Fire Emblem is a huge example of this.

Im not saying having rayman will promote sales or anything, but it will give more awareness from a game thats a 10mil seller than a game that does wat? i think 500k each? (Rayman)

The thing with Rayman is he's a third party character, it has alot more attention than a character normally would announced!