By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rayman DLC in Smash 4? EDIT: DEBUNKED!

Tagged games:

oniyide said:
tbone51 said:

Bomberman died last gen, doesn't matter about sales... Look up Megaman :)

Megaman was at least in some games last gen. And we dont know how well 9&10 did as they are digital. Sales give an idea of relevance so it does matter

Sales dont matter in SSB. Thats what im saying, if it did we have 20 pokemon in it with no G+W/Ice Climbers/etc

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
oniyide said:

@ But thats the thing of it is isnt it? Wouldnt this right here bring not only attention to Rayman but to Smash ITSELF? You said it yourself it garners more attention than just a regular old Ninty character showing up, at least among gamers. I dont think its a coincidence that Mega Man was announced so early on. And if I recall Sonic and Snake being announced were big deals for Brawl. 

What characters would you have put instead, because i think every ninty franchise has been represented by now.

Third party are a touchy Subject. Snake shouldnt have been in the game for example, but was included because of Kojima.

TBH, the 3 Third Party Characters that are in the game are perfect. The next third party character would not be on the same level as the current 3.

That said to answer your last question, trust me i could come up with so many, at least 20 characters Deserving to be in SSB, even if they arent that well known (like certain current characters in the game).

Just to show a few of what im talking about...

(all characters from franchises with no representation in SSB yet

See i dont buy that. Who are you or anyone but the makers involved to say who belongs in what? You're not. If they want Cloud in there then he will be there and there isnt much we can do as we'll buy the game anyway. 

all those characters are trophies and assisst characters so i dont know how you can say they have NO representation

platformmaster918 said:
tbone51 said:

No, No.... There are deserving characters to be in. Sora+Bayo aren't unfortunately.

why exactly aren't they worthy?  Sora fits the Smash template pretty well and he's had a couple Nintendo platform appearances (more than Snake had)

Nooooo!!! First of all, snake is a one of a kind deal. He's only in (was) because of Kojima+Sakurai relationship. (and Kojima begged)

That said, im not saying Sora doesn't fit or Rayman, but there are dozen of other characters that need to be in the game way before them. SSB=/= Every Video game characters, its Nintendo History+collaboration!

oniyide said:
tbone51 said:

See i dont buy that. Who are you or anyone but the makers involved to say who belongs in what? You're not. If they want Cloud in there then he will be there and there isnt much we can do as we'll buy the game anyway. 

all those characters are trophies and assisst characters so i dont know how you can say they have NO representation

Thats your problem right there, the characters i listed arent even in my top wanted list. You miss the entire point of SSB. I gave you characters that could potentially be in SSB as playable, even in the next. Little Mac used to be an assist trophy. Isaac isnt in the game anymore, but could potentially be DLC.

Yeah they could add in Cloud/Bayo/Crash/Spyro/Mickey Mouse/Shrek, but you miss the entire point of SSB.

SSB is Mostly about Nintendo History, Not Sales, Not Third Party Characters, etc.

What i showed before was character representation from Nintendo IP.

Thats why it was obvious many newcomers were coming in this game. Like Little Mac/Palutena/Mii's/Villager/etc

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:

Thats your problem right there, the characters i listed arent even in my top wanted list. You miss the entire point of SSB. I gave you characters that could potentially be in SSB as playable, even in the next. Little Mac used to be an assist trophy. Isaac isnt in the game anymore, but could potentially be DLC.

Yeah they could add in Cloud/Bayo/Crash/Spyro/Mickey Mouse/Shrek, but you miss the entire point of SSB.

SSB is Mostly about Nintendo History, Not Sales, Not Third Party Characters, etc.

Thats why it was obvious many newcomers were coming in this game. Like Little Mac/Palutena/Mii's/Villager/etc

Thats not what i asked you. I asked you what characters/series had NO representation. Didnt say anything about who would be playable. And seeing as this ia fighting game there is way more thought put into than what would please a few Ninty zealots. 

Point of SSB? According to who? You? Or the game creators? Cause that whole "its about Ninty history, went out the window as soon as Sonic and Snake touched down.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
tbone51 said:

Thats not what i asked you. I asked you what characters/series had NO representation. Didnt say anything about who would be playable. And seeing as this ia fighting game there is way more thought put into than what would please a few Ninty zealots. 

Point of SSB? According to who? You? Or the game creators? Cause that whole "its about Ninty history, went out the window as soon as Sonic and Snake touched down.

"its about Ninty history, went out the window as soon as Sonic and Snake touched down." Read previous post about Snake.

As for Sonic he is apart of Nintendo history as well as Megaman. 

And yez it is the point of SSB, Sakurai said it plenty of times especially reguarding third party characters. There is a reason why only 2 out of 39 (Brawl), 3 out of 49 (WiiU/3DS), and 0 in the original+Melee are third party characters.

If you dont want to believe it fine, but it is what it is. Collection of Music, The Throphies, playable characters and items all point yo this franchises meaning and it is SSB history. Thats it.

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:

"its about Ninty history, went out the window as soon as Sonic and Snake touched down." Read previous post about Snake.

As for Sonic he is apart of Nintendo history as well as Megaman. 

And yez it is the point of SSB, Sakurai said it plenty of times especially reguarding third party characters. There is a reason why only 2 out of 39 (Brawl), 3 out of 49 (WiiU/3DS), and 0 in the original+Melee are third party characters.

If you dont want to believe it fine, but it is what it is. Collection of Music, The Throphies, playable characters and items all point yo this franchises meaning and it is SSB history. Thats it.

Fair enough. But how is Sonic and Megaman apart of Ninty history and Snake ISNT? What constitues it? Do you need to have a certain amount of games on their systems? 

Cause if this Rayman rumor is true (i kind of doubt that) I would love to here their reasoning.

Hey, rayman bot be as iconic as other characters but he's more popular than ice climbers. He actually has the potential to be a neat fighter.

Those eyebrows though! They are a bit creepy..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Nice.

But we'll always hate Ubisoft.