By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rayman DLC in Smash 4? EDIT: DEBUNKED!

Tagged games:

Niiiiiiiiice!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
oniyide said:

those two are even less relevant

You dont know how wrong you are for Bomberman, Crash is more of a fan thing whch doesn't deserve to be in this game.

what was the last Bomberman game? how well did it do?

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:

I would hardly call one character out of like 30? promotion. Its not like there is a new Rayman game coming out and thats not really promoting Ubisoft itself. Thats one IP out of the dozens they have. And IMHO most of the people could care which character belongs to which publisher if they even KNOW about it. It's DLC, there is no gaurantee that Rayman had not been in there would be someone else, but its vice versa also i guess.

1 of 50+ characters :)

Im not saying it like that. Im just saying it gives an IP more focus if they never seen the character before. This has been done in the past SSB games, especially with characters from smaller franchises. Fire Emblem is a huge example of this.

Im not saying having rayman will promote sales or anything, but it will give more awareness from a game thats a 10mil seller than a game that does wat? i think 500k each? (Rayman)

The thing with Rayman is he's a third party character, it has alot more attention than a character normally would announced!

@ But thats the thing of it is isnt it? Wouldnt this right here bring not only attention to Rayman but to Smash ITSELF? You said it yourself it garners more attention than just a regular old Ninty character showing up, at least among gamers. I dont think its a coincidence that Mega Man was announced so early on. And if I recall Sonic and Snake being announced were big deals for Brawl. 

What characters would you have put instead, because i think every ninty franchise has been represented by now.

Mario, Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Bomberman, Rayman and crash are classics!

oniyide said:
tbone51 said:

You dont know how wrong you are for Bomberman, Crash is more of a fan thing whch doesn't deserve to be in this game.

Bomberman died last gen, doesn't matter about sales... Look up Megaman :)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
platformmaster918 said:
that's a good addition. Now Sora, Bayonetta, and some of the old characters should make it in.

No, No.... There are deserving characters to be in. Sora+Bayo aren't unfortunately.

why exactly aren't they worthy?  Sora fits the Smash template pretty well and he's had a couple Nintendo platform appearances (more than Snake had)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

garretslarrity said:
The video was taken down by the uploader! I didn't have a chance to see it; I wouldn't suppose anyone has it, would they?

I found one myself:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq-XHDp4pcY

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:

Mario, Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Bomberman, Rayman and crash are classics!

oniyide said:
tbone51 said:

@ But thats the thing of it is isnt it? Wouldnt this right here bring not only attention to Rayman but to Smash ITSELF? You said it yourself it garners more attention than just a regular old Ninty character showing up, at least among gamers. I dont think its a coincidence that Mega Man was announced so early on. And if I recall Sonic and Snake being announced were big deals for Brawl. 

What characters would you have put instead, because i think every ninty franchise has been represented by now.

Third party are a touchy Subject. Snake shouldnt have been in the game for example, but was included because of Kojima.

TBH, the 3 Third Party Characters that are in the game are perfect. The next third party character would not be on the same level as the current 3.

That said to answer your last question, trust me i could come up with so many, at least 20 characters Deserving to be in SSB, even if they arent that well known (like certain current characters in the game).

Just to show a few of what im talking about...

(all characters from franchises with no representation in SSB yet

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:

Megaman was at least in some games last gen. And we dont know how well 9&10 did as they are digital. Sales give an idea of relevance so it does matter