By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886 Is Actually Quite Innovative; it’s Time to Shelve that Boring, Generic Excuse to Bash it

Nate4Drake said:
Well, I agree. Some Media in UK and NA are driven by MS, or simply anti-Sony.

How many times a MS or Nintendo exclusive game get a very good review when the game is just over and over again a reiteration of things already played and seen to death. But they talk about lack of innovation when they have a Playstation exclusive in their hands and they lower the score to the 70 range. What is innovation ? Do these people know ? Or, it's often not convenient for their purpose to notice and bring up innovation in a Playstation Exclusive ?

The massive anti-Playstation bias in the media is really sad.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
LOL what a bizarre article. I like how he lists some common gameplay complaints, like boring and generic, but tries to tell us those complaints are invalid because of these massive reaches on what qualifies as innovative, none of which are crucial to gameplay. aka the portion of the game people are worried about.

I mean, the gunplay looks like ass, there seems to be way to many QTE's and it looks extremely linear, all imho, but the music and some development tricks! Surely those make up for it. And the setting, wow. Even though you can't explore off your set cinematic path, it's still totally innovative! Weak gunplay and tired TPS mechanics in a typical espionage setting or the usual sci-fi, well that's boring. Weak gunplay and tired mechanics in a Victorian setting, baby you got a stew going.

Maybe because you skipped the part he said he isn't discussing if the game is good or bad, or if other criticism are valid nor said the inovation made the game saved. You are actually the one reaching to actually bash the article and the game.

His only point was that critics on lack of inovation is pointless. You said about tired tps. How many tps, fps, platforms and hack n slash have you played? Where they all unique??

And since we are at it please list all inovative games from the last 10 years you remember and why it is inovative in them. Curl skipped it in his answer, will you?

eh eh, maybe he means the monster innovation of games like Super Smash Bros and Halo Collection...

This magic word ''lack of innovation'' is often used without any clue.  I will say again, it's often not convenient for some Media(UK and NA mostly) to notice and bring up innovation in a Playstation Exclusive...

Well you know remaster is good for halo and zelda but a crime for tlou.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

vivster said:
Boy, someone has it wrong. Nobody is complaining about a lack of innovation. In fact, the "innovative" setting will be the only saving grace for that game. The gripes are solely with the repetitive and seemingly shallow gameplay.

On another note, the definition in Merriam Webster only tells half of the story. As far as I know, simply doing something new is not innovating. For something new to become an innovation it has to be accepted and successful on at least some level.

That's why sticking a long knife into my colon isn't an innovative way to heal stomach cancer.

Ah HAHAHAHA! Good one. That and foremost that is what i see gamers complaining about these days. Latest example: Etherium. "SupremeCommander Copy, another SC clone, this looks like RTS-XYZ, it has nothing new and yadayadayada".

"On another note, the definition in Merriam Webster only tells half of the story. As far as I know, simply doing something new is not innovating. For something new to become an innovation it has to be accepted and successful on at least some level."

Exactly this is the reason why innovation is overrated. Not overrated by everybody,  and not Merriam tells half the story, but those nagging gamers who don't know jack. It's the gamers who should be careful with what they say and what terms they're using to critizise a game. This is the emphasis of this dualshockers article.

Hunting Season is done...

Nate4Drake said:
Well, I agree. Some Media in UK and NA are driven by MS, or simply anti-Sony.

How many times a MS or Nintendo exclusive game get a very good review when the game is just over and over again a reiteration of things already played and seen to death. But they talk about lack of innovation when they have a Playstation exclusive in their hands and they lower the score to the 70 range. What is innovation ? Do these people know ? Or, it's often not convenient for their purpose to notice and bring up innovation in a Playstation Exclusive ?

Yeah poor Sony fans, everyone hates you, the media wants your console to fail because.... ehhhh.... because...mmmmmmmm... They are EVIL!! (Nintendo is behind all of this believe me, they want your blood)

One thing for sure. I'm getting this game day one. I like what I've seen of the game so far.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Around the Network

Who the hell gives a shit wether it's innovative or not?

It's not like an innovative game necesarily is a good game, and I'd take a good game over an innovative one any day.

Man the discussions this game creates are so annoying at this point and it's still at least one month of this shit. -.-

DerNebel said:
Man the discussions this game creates are so annoying at this point and it's still at least one month of this shit. -.-

The review thread is going to be off the charts levels of shit.

I am expecting bans all over the place

celador said:
DerNebel said:

The review thread is going to be off the charts levels of shit.

I am expecting bans all over the place

The NeoGAF review thread is going to be a hoot. Thankfully I'll already have my copy

PwerlvlAmy said:
Believe it when I see it

Read the article. We've already seen everything it mentions...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com