By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order: 1886 Is Actually Quite Innovative; it’s Time to Shelve that Boring, Generic Excuse to Bash it

Rendering? They use Forward+ which is also used in Forza Horizon 2. Still interesting, these GDC slides.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

To be fair, this statement could very easily be reversed to apply to Sony fans defending it, just saying.

Defending against what? Speculation? Imagination? BS? Oh, I see, people should be able to crap on any Sony game even though it's not even out, but if any Sony fan points this out, the argument is ballanced.

The PS5 Exists. 

celador said:
DerNebel said:
Man the discussions this game creates are so annoying at this point and it's still at least one month of this shit. -.-

The review thread is going to be off the charts levels of shit.

I am expecting bans all over the place

Maybe we need a ban prediction thread... over/under --- how many bans will be if game scores over 85 meta vs. number of bans if it's under 70... 

Any score in between --- everybody gets banned at least once.

BHR-3 said:
dont care that the game is about graphics and story the original uncharted was like this when it came out it had no MP the gameplay was pretty generic and other TPS where doing it better at that time but most could relate to drake sully elana raja and the environments

the problem i have with the order is that it has that 2.35.1 aspect ratio, that its europe based, and takes place in the 1800s, among having fantasy elements like half breed monsters

im sure it will sell well in EU but i have no interest and cant relate to none of the things mentioned it looks like it has good TPS gameplay and all something that sony doesnt have in terms as exclusives but i believe this game isnt going to appeal to many in the west

What the hell are you on about? Europe is also part of the so called "West".

What you mean to say is that the game doesn't appeal to you specifically because of the reasons you presented. Don't speak for anyone else without asking for their consent. Especially when the TPS genre is so well received in the "West". Or just the west you had in mind.

Burek said:
celador said:
DerNebel said:
Man the discussions this game creates are so annoying at this point and it's still at least one month of this shit. -.-

Maybe we need a ban prediction thread... over/under --- how many bans will be if game scores over 85 meta vs. number of bans if it's under 70... 

Do you think the game is worth bans? I guess there will be a lot of posts who tell us there is a conspiracy against Sony, "I don't care, game if fun as fuck", "don't like multiplayer at all" and "Don't care about reviews, they are dumb these days anyway".

Around the Network
Burek said:
celador said:
DerNebel said:

And if it's under 60 I'll orchestrate a huge meltdown and get myself permabanned.

Was Dead Rising 3 innovative ?
Was Forza 5 innovative ?
Was Bayonetta 2 innovative ?
Was Super Smash Bros. 3DS/WiiU innovative ?
Was Bravely Default innovative ?
Was Fire Emblem Awakening innovative ?
Jesus, even the Halo games (post-Halo 2) weren't innovative.

Did that prevent them from being good, when not great ? Nope. Not at all.

So why do people bash this specific game ?
It really puzzles me...

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Personally I'm a bit exhausted with constant rant about metacritic score. Seriously people care too much. Some time ago I've bought Driveclub and despite scores in low 70s I enjoy it more than any other racer - definitely it is better than all previous racing games from Evolution. Infamous SS has lower score than original game despite it is much better in every possible scope. People who review games simply don't get excited with more of the same with some improvement stuff - get over it. It's is easier to get high scores with crappy indie game these days than with polished sequel or high budget game with generic gameplay /The Order 1886/. Check some videos with gameplay, read the review for impressions not score and decide for yourself if it is worth your cash. Easy as that.
I

Yikes, double standards all over the place. Any new IP made in Sony will always be judged even before it releases. And when it releases, ppl will still fill the gap with many flaws no matter if the game has high or low meta, there will always be some big issues with it...

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

article was terribly written...

...but i do agree that bashing a game because it "isn't innovative" or "lacks next gen gameplay" or anything along those lines is just a way for a reviewer to try and justify their baseless opinion because they just want to hate on the game or (even worse) they are reviewing the game they want to play instead of the game they are reviewing.