By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Charger Included!? Seriously!?

Playing devils advocate.

The alternative might be they put one in the box and increase the price by $10 to cover it.

Then alot of people would now be paying $10 more for something they dont need as they already had one, plus the environmental cost.

I picked mine up for £6 so i didnt really feel the need to rage.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

Then buy more than one.

Why should I when it's suppose to be free with every 3ds purchase?

Sigh. I personally think it is highly annoying that every stupid device comes with an ugly, highly inefficient charger that I stuff away so that I have this useless stuff. If it uses a standard-format, I simply can buy ONE efficient charger for all these devices. I disagree with Nintendo that they don't use micro-usb, but I agree with the omission of the charger. As they didn't change the format since the DSi, this is some sort of standard. And it isn't the case that these chargers are rare and hard to get or very expensive. You don't have to buy one from Nintendo, if you don't want them to get more of your money. Your played angryness is overdoing it, while it can be annoying at first it is really no big deal, I can confirm it as an 3DS XL owner. So I don't understand why you blowing this so out of proportion. It is OK to make a thread about and that you don't like it, but saying everyone disagreeing with you is making damage control is beyond ridiculous. There really is no sensible reason to be that upset, as it is no big deal to purchase an charger if you need one. And the if is very big, I think there are probably only half as much chargers in existance as 3DS-systems. I know I have two chargers (from DSi and 3DS) and three systems (an additional 3DS XL) and soon four (the new 3DS). What would I do with four chargers?

BTW, do you even intend on buying a new 3DS?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Riverstyx said:

Nintendo is stingy. They're looking to make more money of people buying their official proprietary charger, which is like $10 I think. It's BS, really. I mean seriously, I can't think of a single electronic, with a battery, I've ever bought that didn't come with a charger.

While it is proprietary, they allow many to create their own chargers that work fine. They are 4 bucks on amazon.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

RavenXtra said:
Dusk said:
RavenXtra said:
This has been normal for Nintendo handhelds outside of North America for a while now, still sucks it finally made its way here though. Nintendo should really make the next handheld chargeable by microUSB or something so its not such a big deal to not include a charger.

They already have those available. http://www.amazon.ca/HDE®-Usb-Charge-Cable-Nintendo/dp/B0024ZT3XO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421255453&sr=8-2&keywords=3ds+power+adapter

I know about these, what I meant was that the next Nintendo handheld should be chargeable by a standard microUSB or microUSB 3.0 cord & port, not a proprietary one. Would just make sense since Nintendo can save on including a charger and most people already have their own microUSB cords & chargers anyway.

I agree. It would be nice if they just used micro USB. I would say prob USB 2 though since it's still more common than USB 3.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

this topic reminds me of why i fell out of love with nintendo. everything about them has moved to what is the least possible thing they can deliver and still be considered a product. i always get a good laugh at the threads that claim nintendo games to be the most polished games on earth immediately after starting to play other systems i realized how deficit and half-finished most nintendo games are compared to their competitors.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Mnementh said:

Yes but I would like a new charger incase my current one breaks so I can replace my current charger with the one I would have gotten from the n3ds

If you want an extra charger, why don't you buy one?

I wish gamepad wouldn't be available for purchase separate. That I can't bugs me a lot more.

Cause getting it for free is always better than paying for one

You NEVER EVER get stuff for free from companies. In one way or another you pay for it. In the case of the new 3DS they probably would keep the pricepoint and get the package cheaper at other stuff, SD-card, CPU or battery probably.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Faxanadu said:
Is this a joke thread? This is such old new, like 3DS old news. This has been their practice since like forwever.

And imo for a very good reason. I like green companies.

Not for Americans. I've never purchased a Nintendo product that hasn't come with the basic materials required to operate the hardware.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Mnementh said:

You NEVER EVER get stuff for free from companies. In one way or another you pay for it. In the case of the new 3DS they probably would keep the pricepoint and get the package cheaper at other stuff, SD-card, CPU or battery probably.

Well, you know what I mean by "free." At the end of the day, I am losing a charger that should have came with the n3ds XL. Yes, I can easily buy one but thats not the point. I would much rather have them include it than not have them include it. Will it make a difference in my buying decision? Of course not but that doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have it than not have it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Mnementh said:

Well, you know what I mean by "free." At the end of the day, I am losing a charger that should have came with the n3ds XL. Yes, I can easily buy one but thats not the point. I would much rather have them include it than not have them include it. Will it make a difference in my buying decision? Of course not but that doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have it than not have it

Would you prefer a smaller battery or a weaker CPU if the charger was included?

Mnementh said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Then buy more than one.

Why should I when it's suppose to be free with every 3ds purchase?

Sigh. I personally think it is highly annoying that every stupid device comes with an ugly, highly inefficient charger that I stuff away so that I have this useless stuff. If it uses a standard-format, I simply can buy ONE efficient charger for all these devices. I disagree with Nintendo that they don't use micro-usb, but I agree with the omission of the charger. As they didn't change the format since the DSi, this is some sort of standard. And it isn't the case that these chargers are rare and hard to get or very expensive. You don't have to buy one from Nintendo, if you don't want them to get more of your money. Your played angryness is overdoing it, while it can be annoying at first it is really no big deal, I can confirm it as an 3DS XL owner. So I don't understand why you blowing this so out of proportion. It is OK to make a thread about and that you don't like it, but saying everyone disagreeing with you is making damage control is beyond ridiculous. There really is no sensible reason to be that upset, as it is no big deal to purchase an charger if you need one. And the if is very big, I think there are probably only half as much chargers in existance as 3DS-systems. I know I have two chargers (from DSi and 3DS) and three systems (an additional 3DS XL) and soon four (the new 3DS). What would I do with four chargers?

BTW, do you even intend on buying a new 3DS?

What exactly am I overdoing? The fact that i'm stating it's unreasonable to exclude a necessary part of a product? Ok then...