By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Charger Included!? Seriously!?

Mnementh said:
Mystro-Sama said:
ktay95 said:
They are thinking $199 looks a lot better than $219 (or however much the charger costs their)
Plus they are saving money of current owners of one so really its best for the consumer.
Is it that hard to grab a charger too if you need it??

You're kidding me right? Both those excuses are weak. If you think a simple plastic charger is worth $20 then you're insane. And this isn't doing previous owners any favours. There are people out there who would like having more than one charger.

Then buy more than one.

Why should I when it's suppose to be free with every 3ds purchase?

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
ktay95 said:
RealGamingExpert said:
Mystro-Sama said:

I know. The damage control is real in this thread. lol

Or people just disagree with you. lol

Nah pretty sure I ktay95, known to dislike so much of what Nintendo do and openly criticize them on a daily basis am currently damage controlling.

LOL! I wasn't even talking about you. If you're not gulity then don't feel offended.

But Ive been disagreeing the most out of everyone... how could it not be aimed at me, WHY DONT YOU NOTICE ME!!!!!!!!!
Wait this is my chance, hes talking to me. Dont screw it up.... I said that out loud, didnt I??

Dusk said:
RavenXtra said:
This has been normal for Nintendo handhelds outside of North America for a while now, still sucks it finally made its way here though. Nintendo should really make the next handheld chargeable by microUSB or something so its not such a big deal to not include a charger.

They already have those available. http://www.amazon.ca/HDE®-Usb-Charge-Cable-Nintendo/dp/B0024ZT3XO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421255453&sr=8-2&keywords=3ds+power+adapter

I know about these, what I meant was that the next Nintendo handheld should be chargeable by a standard microUSB or microUSB 3.0 cord & port, not a proprietary one. Would just make sense since Nintendo can save on including a charger and most people already have their own microUSB cords & chargers anyway.

MikeRox said:
Won't buy a Vita cause memory cards but happy to buy 3DS without power supply is another VGC double standards argument.

I couldn't believe the most expensive handheld on the market didn't include a PSU. I agree with OP its a joke.

You do have a spare memory-card from PSP you can use in Vita? Awesome!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Is this a joke thread? This is such old new, like 3DS old news. This has been their practice since like forwever.

And imo for a very good reason. I like green companies.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Dusk said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Yea that suckz! What the fuck Reggie? Us NA people expect better

You seem to have a lot of different games and systems. Are you telling me you don't have an extra charger kicking around from the DSi till now? If you don't and are interested in an adapter, head on over to Amazon and get one for 5 bucks.

Yes but I would like a new charger incase my current one breaks so I can replace my current charger with the one I would have gotten from the n3ds

If you want an extra charger, why don't you buy one?

I wish gamepad wouldn't be available for purchase separate. That I can't bugs me a lot more.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Wow.

Buy it separately. NO BIG DEAL. It's practically no deal at all if it wasn't for the extra box to carry/send home. I used my 3DS charger for my 3DS XL, and I will still use for my New 3DS XL.

Xenostar said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Xenostar said:

Welcome to 4 years ago. This is normal for Nintendo.

And they've conditioned everyone into thinking this is normal when it obviously isn't? I guess we should be prepared to buy cars without cars with tyres because our previous car has tyres too. >.> Every system should be treated as a complete product.

Im not saying its right, just wondering about your resurgence in anger.

Id be more ok with them not putting a charger in if they used industry standard chargers, like phone USB Micro ones.

That is much more of a valid complaint, charging via micro-USB would be much more convenient and it is stupid Nintendo has this propietary format.

Mystro-Sama said:

I know. The damage control is real in this thread. lol

LOL. I'm a european, have a XL (that came without charger here) and I never bought a charger - because I already had one. I bought at some point an USB-to-DSi-charger-adapter though. If I wouldn't had one at this point, I would have bought a charger with the purchase of the system.

If this were anyone other than Nintendo people would be trashing on them left and right. People cut them too much slack for stuff like this. Wonder how many of these people trashed on Sony for not having an HDMI cord

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers