By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Charger Included!? Seriously!?

Neodegenerate said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Yeah. but we could bookmark it.

Oh I already have it bookmarked.  May need to do an annual thread of the year vote for 2015 (if there isn't already an annual one that happens)

That's an idea.

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
Curmudgeon said:
deskpro2k3 said:
The console cannot function without the power charger. It should be in the box when you buy the console.

I mean... how would you feel if you buy a PS4 and it comes without the power cord, or an Xbone without the power brick?

Not really the same thing is it? Many people will have an old charger at home because they have a different 3DS or a DSi at home. Won't be many people who have a PS4 or Xbone power supply at home. Besides you can easily pick up a charger at the store (or order it cheaply from Amazon).

I for one am glad it doesn't ship with a charger. I already own 2 so it would just be a waste of money for me. And there are probably a lot of people like me. Al these additional charger would just be a waste.

What about those whose buying one for the first time?

They can buy a charger seperately in the store. Or order it from Amazon or a similar webstore. 

It's not that unusual really. Here in the Netherlands at least many phones sell without chargers, to save costs and for environmental issues (unecessary to produce all those chargers). You don't have a charger, You buy 1. You have 1 already, you save a couple of bucks.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Curmudgeon said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Curmudgeon said:
deskpro2k3 said:
The console cannot function without the power charger. It should be in the box when you buy the console.

I mean... how would you feel if you buy a PS4 and it comes without the power cord, or an Xbone without the power brick?

Not really the same thing is it? Many people will have an old charger at home because they have a different 3DS or a DSi at home. Won't be many people who have a PS4 or Xbone power supply at home. Besides you can easily pick up a charger at the store (or order it cheaply from Amazon).

I for one am glad it doesn't ship with a charger. I already own 2 so it would just be a waste of money for me. And there are probably a lot of people like me. Al these additional charger would just be a waste.

They can buy a charger seperately in the store. Or order it from Amazon or a similar webstore. 

It's not that unusual really. Here in the Netherlands at least many phones sell without chargers, to save costs and for environmental issues (unecessary to produce all those chargers). You don't have a charger, You buy 1. You have 1 already, you save a couple of bucks.

1. That is not convenient.

2. That saves the phone companies money at your expense.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Curmudgeon said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Curmudgeon said:
deskpro2k3 said:

1. That is not convenient.

2. That saves the phone companies money at your expense.

1. Yes it does requires a great deal of effort to get a charger as well when buying your console. It's not like are sold in the same stores, often right next to each other....

Seriously though, you've got to be a very lazy person if this bothers you.

2. It only saves them money if the price remains the same. As this is a way to cut costs, it might also lead to a slightly lower price. 

The only real 'problem' I can see is people buying a 3DS without realising they need to buy a charger seperately. But then again this should be clearly mentioned on the box. I'll agree it would be a problem if this weren't the case. People are making way to big a deal out of this. It's not like the chargers are $60 or anything.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Mystro-Sama said:

Is this the stupidest move ever or is this the stupidest move ever? What is Nintendo thinking exactly?

they are thinking two things, there are millions of 3ds's on the street already and people dont need two chargers, also they are thinking hey people need a charger now we can make a additional 30$ or however much they are....i know they will get that off me as i have been using the OG ds from the original launch and its finally gave up the ghost on me, so now ill get a NEW 3Ds XL

Around the Network

The OP is poor and borderline, there have been multiple reports and inflammatory posts and people keep responding to the posts of a banned user (OP) who will be gone for a few days. In short; there is no reason to keep this thread open. Locking.